• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Triode/Pentode Loadline Calculator

The second version is fine, the only problem is that it requires you to remember to update it every time you update the script. That's what throws me off. I frequently forget small details like that.

You could also do something like:

Code:
 <script language="JavaScript">
var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];
var sc=document.createElement('script');
sc.type='text/javascript';
sc.async=true;
sc.src=triodepublic.js?_=' + Math.random(); 
s.parentNode.insertBefore(sc,s);
</script>
To use this, remove the actual script tag for that .js file and this will insert the script tag at runtime and it will never get cached.

The second version is fine, the only problem is that it requires you to remember to update it every time you update the script.

Thank you for the explanation. I'll try to remember :).

gsmok,
Can you add the curves of AD1/AD101/T1610?

I have added AD1 triode. Below is it's Spice model for verification.
Code:
.SUBCKT TUBEMODEL 1 2 3; A G C;
*      Triode Simulator v.1.0
*  Model created: Sat Jun 06 2015 18:29:24 GMT+0200
X1 1 2 3 TriodeK MU=4.24 EX=1.350 KG1=575.9 KP=64.46 KVB=0.029 RGI=2000
+ CCG=0.0P  CGP=23.0P CCP=0.0P;
.ENDS

.SUBCKT TriodeK 1 2 3; A G C
E1 7 0 VALUE=
+{V(1,3)/KP*LOG(1+EXP(KP*(1/MU+V(2,3)/SQRT(KVB+V(1,3)*V(1,3)))))}
RE1 7 0 1G
G1 1 3 VALUE={0.5*(PWR(V(7),EX)+PWRS(V(7),EX))/KG1}
RCP 1 3 1G    ; TO AVOID FLOATING NODES IN MU-FOLLOWER
C1 2 3 {CCG}  ; CATHODE-GRID
C2 2 1 {CGP}  ; GRID-PLATE
C3 1 3 {CCP}  ; CATHODE-PLATE
D3 5 3 DX     ; FOR GRID CURRENT
R1 2 5 {RGI}  ; FOR GRID CURRENT
.MODEL DX D(IS=1N RS=1 CJO=10PF TT=1N)
.ENDS TriodeK

Welcome back,
I've added 833 (833A) triode to the simulator. The simulations are subject to some error associated with that Korens' model is not able to accurately reproduce the plate characteristics for a wide range of positive and negative control grid voltages simultaneously. I hope that for parameter estimation the model seems to be sufficient and would be useful for designing amplifiers based on this wonderful tube.

-------------------
pdavis68,
I remembered to adjust the html page ;-)

Last edited:
As I know, 6P15P is EL83 equivalent. It's parameters differ from EL84/6P14P.
I'll try to include this tube in triode mode if I find it's plate characteristics.
6P15P is not very popular in audio equipment, so these tubes can be bought in relatively low prices :).
Yeah, I picked up a box of 20 of the EV variant for about 30 dollars, so I want to use them if I can :)

1. I'll add EL34 soon.

2. Ua is an anode (plate) voltage at operating point (when the input signal is zero). It is the intersection of the extension of the vertical white line with horizontal plate voltages axis.
When you apply an input signal the plate voltage changes along the loadline. You can estimate the range od changes by reading the values between extensions of two yellow vertical lines with plate voltages axis. The range of plate voltages depends on the range of input signal (control grid voltage amplitude). This range you can determine by changing the distance between white and yellow vertical lines by means of white and yellow markers. All values connected with graphical representatins of mentioned parameters are displayed below the graph.

Last edited: