Triangle shaped metal music maker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a frequency and phase graph posted two pages as well as in this thread.
See the page, Way and the page, Images.

John

you mean THIS graph?
John, if you want people in here to take you seriously please post some real graphs, something that shows Efficiency, Impedance, Phase and Distortion would be nice, because, showing a graph of a "speaker" without "piston" like action, with no enclosure to avoid cancellations and that small surface area that is 4-5db down at 23Hz, well, defeats all the known and well proven laws of physics.

Attachments

• planot_20_20.jpg
    planot_20_20.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
you mean THIS graph?
John, if you want people in here to take you seriously please post some real graphs, something that shows Efficiency, Impedance, Phase and Distortion would be nice, because, showing a graph of a "speaker" without "piston" like action, with no enclosure to avoid cancellations and that small surface area that is 4-5db down at 23Hz, well, defeats all the known and well proven laws of physics.

A physicist who does work for the LHC has built a simple prototype to prove the basic functionality and has posted a video of it on You Tube. (I believe there is a link somewhere in this thread.) I am the first to agree that his prototype, which is NOT based on my plans but on my principals, does not sound great, and that is due in part to the recording equipment, but it proves the basic operating principle. I have had tests run on a early version of P3 in a semi-anechoic chamber and had certified that the basic operating principals do work. I have provided these to manufacturers and researchers.

John

That same figure, which only demonstrated that whoever created it had no idea of how to use speaker measurement software.

At the risk of being attacked again, I will gently suggest that you get someone who knows how to do speaker measurements and has the equipment to do so to run an actual frequency response curve, and at different distances and positions. Maybe someone will take you seriously then.

A physicist who does work for the LHC has built a simple prototype to prove the basic functionality and has posted a video of it on You Tube. (I believe there is a link somewhere in this thread.) I am the first to agree that his prototype, which is NOT based on my plans but on my principals, does not sound great, and that is due in part to the recording equipment, but it proves the basic operating principle. I have had tests run on a early version of P3 in a semi-anechoic chamber and had certified that the basic operating principals do work. I have provided these to manufacturers and researchers.

John

I try (hard) to be open minded, anyone who knows a thing or two about basic speaker (sound emitting devices in general) operation principles and basic knowledge of physics will tell you just by looking at your design that AT BEST you have created a MIDRANGE, as it has too little surface area, no enclosure, no piston action to be a Woofer and it is to HEAVY to be a Tweeter, it's not surprise that anyone would come to the conclusion that your graph is, well, manufactured (for lack of a better word).
Again, you can't fight the laws physics and win, not gonna happen, at least not in our universe, sorry.

you mean THIS graph?

I try (hard) to be open minded, anyone who knows a thing or two about basic speaker (sound emitting devices in general) operation principles and basic knowledge of physics will tell you just by looking at your design that AT BEST you have created a MIDRANGE, as it has too little surface area, no enclosure, no piston action to be a Woofer and it is to HEAVY to be a Tweeter, it's not surprise that anyone would come to the conclusion that your graph is, well, manufactured (for lack of a better word).
Again, you can't fight the laws physics and win, not gonna happen, at least not in our universe, sorry.

If I was wrong then I would have at best a tweeter and not a midrange.

John

I am planning a live stream event on Twitter. It's purpose is to show people in realtime listening and to hear their responses. The streaming audience will not be able to judge the quality of the sound as the stream's audio will be Lo-Fi.

The live stream event will feature participants who will gain nothing from the event. The participants' reasonable expectations should be that if they are dishonest in their opinions, wether negative or positive, that it will harm their reputation.

"If it is at all possible, I would like to attend and would be happy to bring some more modern audio electronics to use and bring a small but excellent set of speakers to compare yours with if desired.

Minnesota to Omaha isn't all that far.

Regards,

Frank Van Alstine"

I am the only one that I expect to gain from any positive publicity. I have no expectation that participants at the demo are going to be totally positive or negative about the performance of the Planot driver. My prototypes are, and always have been, proof-of-concept implementations. My hope is that everyone will agree that they point towards a greater enjoyment of the arts.

All I hope for is an intelligent and informed discussion and a positive appreciation of what I have achieved, so far. When my patent is commercialized, my reasonable expectation is that "MY implementation of the concept" will be vastly improved upon.

John

Hi,

Usual total BS about an impending demo that will never happen.
Far too much to lose against a set of excellent small speakers.

There cannot be any "positive appreciation of what you have
achieved, so far" given that the best you can get is an award
for total overhyping of a completely flawed and wrong concept.

rgds, sreten.

Learning some basic physics would help.

Last edited:
If I was wrong then I would have at best a tweeter and not a midrange.

John

OK, may I ask what's the weight of the moving part of the Plannot driver?

Nope, sorry, wrong again.
In order to accurately reproduce AC waveforms as high as 20kHz you need to accelerate (and decelerate) the moving part as fast as possible, meaning very low mass, often a fraction of a GRAM, not a fraction of a POUND as the Planot.
As I said, you can't beat Physics.

Status
Not open for further replies.