Transformers sublime or snakeoil?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The materials don´t cost that much, in my opinion the price is justified by the skill with which they are made.

All the same, I think that believing such a transformer will have a proportional impact on sound is very foolish, so from a value point of view nobody would should use them. Although as others have said, if I had such money to spare why not buy them?

Edit: Reading the description on ebay the seller says: "coils are wound with directional premium quality copper magnet wires", so i changed my mind. I´d never buy from an audio seller who spreads snake-oil by suggesting that copper wire is "directional", and such "directional" wire is better than regular one.

I´d like to know what Mr. Petavgeris, who evidently knows about transformers, was thinking when he wrote that.

The manufacture say this about the performance:

The response graphs relate to measurements taken with 700 ohms of output resistance of the signal generator unit and 3.5 kOhms secondary load at various frequencies, without DC biasing current but results may vary depending on output impedance of the signal generator and the load impedance on the secondary coil side. As the plate resistance of the tube rises or the secondary load is getting lower, it is unavoidable to experience somewhat narrower frequency response, as this is a result of mother nature laws. In practical terms, load linearity remains absolutely ruler flat from subsonics up to ultrasonics, for a wide range of applications! And there exists no other output transformer in the international market capable of such extreme measurable and audible characteristics. If you consider a real audio aficionado, it is certain that you already know this!

Any comments?

In practical terms, load linearity remains absolutely ruler flat from subsonics up to ultrasonics

The manufacturer seems to have forgotten that louspeekers are anything but a fixed load in the audio spectrum, at least that´s what I interpret.

The response graphs relate to measurements taken with 700 ohms of output resistance of the signal generator unit and 3.5 kOhms secondary load at various frequencies, without DC biasing current

It´s obvious he is testing the transformers in the most favourable conditions for best specs, but at least he is kind as to point out he did so

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.