transformer question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: i am reading this /.....

sakis said:
what i am trying ta say is that yes ...i am looking for a relatively simple amp to make but that doesnt mean that a sophisticated amp is out of my range .... yes in this area my skills are much lower but that doesnt mean that i will not make it ....

But you wouldn't want to mess with a topology that would make a seasoned designer say strings of cuss words and throw things. The BOQ, as is without too much deviation, should just plug in and work the first time.

if you reed my posts you will know that most of these amps i make work in small PA applications ....we are in to this for very long time now but lately we play to smaller events but many many more ....meaning that power requiered often is no more than 100+100 Watts ....strangelly it seems that jobs like that are plenty and money is less but too many times so still you make a lot of money from a lot of small jobs ...

And if you have a bit better rig than any of the competition in your price range you get an advantage. If you need 200 watts and have 1000 on tap things go better. A super-size BOQ sure beats the Pyramid or Pyle that another low bidder might bring. When I need a small rig, which is a lot more often than i bring out the full size one, it just means bring one or two amps instead of all of them.

Small PA = 2500 watts
Medium PA = 25000 watts (largest I can do)
Large PA = 250000 watts (way out of DIY-territory for a number of reasons)

he he he

yeah yeah ....250.000...watts

may be in your place ..... in our place since we are a small nation events that requier this ammount of power Dont actually take place so often .... but any way

then again our costumers are hardly ever capable of uderstanting how much power exists in our rig ..... the truth is that we get more and more costumers every day cause of the results we produce in sound and not the power ....

to proof this one step beyond it actually works like that : when we have a show with a small band, for the first time , event for 100 pax , then usually means that after that and when the band will play in another place will recomend us to make the small PA ....

this is how it works ....so through the last 5-10 years we got hooked up with a few bands .....small range stuff .... and that means that the circle gets bigger and bigger everyday .

most of these jobs are small, quick, cash, and black !!!!! ( i pesume that you know what black means ) here in our small nation we still have the ability to do that .... and belive me this type of money are the sweetest and its the benefit of runing a small company with many small jobs .

very best regards ....sakis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.