Transfer Function

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
kelticwizard said:

But Svante-whatever happend to your old avatar? It was so much more fun than the latest one. And with summer here, the idea of feet sticking out of water....

:)

There has been a trend in another forum that I write on to actually show a photo of yourself. This is kind of nice, since that gives you a face to attach to the posts.

So when I changed my avatar there, I did it here too.

Besides, my feet are quite ugly (dunno if the face is better though :) )

Sorry for OT, back on topic.

MJK said:

It does not matter if the writer does not intend going any further with the math. But if the result is going to be used in a following calculation the final results might be significantly flawed.

Yes you are right about that. I was just thinking that saying that the absolute value of x is -2 doesn't make sense. But of course, the number might be buried somewhere in a computer and never looked upon, by itself, and in that case a bug hunt will have to start. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.