Transcriptors UK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hydraulic tonearm

As for the comparison with Thorens 125 and SME 3, the problem is not with Transcriptors but with its SME2 arm (and possibly the base); I have the same combination, but my Transcriptor has the original fluid arm: I have no influence at all from loudspeakers! So I ended doing the opposite: Transcriptors main, Thorens 125 reserve.
Moreover the Fluid arm is an unipivot, and that adds dynamics and 'air' (at least that's my impression). I'd like to know from 'Transcriptors' member why did he change to another type of arm in the new production (an Origin live if I'm correct).
I know it had bad reviews, but I have to repeat: at least with some medium compliance cartridges it shines!

Hi all,

I just got a Hydraulic Reference and started doing some restoration work on it. Replaced the silicon fluid in the platter assembly, installed new platter weight pads and a new belt.

I am getting some noise coming from the barring. I still have not had a chance to trace the source but it might be that the motor is not fully floating on its springs and is touching the chasis in some way. One thing I did notice is that the speed control does not work. Although the small pin in immeresed in the silicon fluid it does not change the speed. I can see some speed change when I move the speed control lever but after a few seconds it continues to run a bit fast. Not sure if anyone else has seend this.

Sound wise its a very decent table that compares quiet well with my Thorens TD125.

Ronen

Hydraulic speed control

I had the same speed control problem at the beginning: in my experience it has two possible causes:
a) the belt doesn't go around the stroboscope...
b) the pin lever is not well fixed: I put a little rubber underneath the pin arm, and then it did work fine

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.