TPA3255 - all about DIY, Discussion, Design etc

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Not sure if its useful, here is FFT with inputs shorted to ground.
I do not think this is very useful, because FFT-level depends on the bandwidth of FFT bins. A useful number was an A-weighted level measurement which can be obtained with a soundcard and a software like ARTA.

The plot attached shows TPA325x output noise on the left channel, on the right channel the noise of the soundcard as a reference.

Attachments

• noise_A_TPA3151_0db_AFE_inputs_shorted_2017_11_29.png
    noise_A_TPA3151_0db_AFE_inputs_shorted_2017_11_29.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 825
I do not think this is very useful, because FFT-level depends on the bandwidth of FFT bins. A useful number was an A-weighted level measurement which can be obtained with a soundcard and a software like ARTA.

The plot attached shows TPA325x output noise on the left channel, on the right channel the noise of the soundcard as a reference.

I dig out my old sound card ESI Juli@ from a bin and as soon as I find TRS cables that are long enough I will hopefully measure something

Hi,

Sourcing of inductors: is there a reasonable source for Codaca CSCF2014-6R8M ? They don't appear in classic components sellers, nor in Aliexpress :-(

I saw that in 2017 the minimum batches were 200 pieces directly from the manufacturer.

Has a better option been identified yet ?

I understand that the alternative is to buy Wurth inductors directly from them.

Best regards,

JMF

...it seems unfortunatly not reallistic to source those nice Codaca indusctors here.

Right, you'll need a minimum order qty of about 200pcs per value but depends on modell. They do offer sample shipping. I once had CSCF2014-6R8M sampled at $1.60 each + $32 shipping and handling.

Is Miden a manufacturer or reseller? As they list Coilcraft and Sagami but state "Brand: Miden" it is not clear if they sell knock-offs, genuine brand or own "rebrands".

Last edited: