TPA3116D2 Amp

Where to connect on 3116 board for RCA out

Where would I connect to board to have volume controlled sub out RCAs

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 7.27.34 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 7.27.34 AM.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 788
You all know how that goes... You want to build a couple of small desk speakers with a bluetooth amp inside it. So, I have gone off to eBay and bought: New TPA3116D2 Bluetooth Amplifier Board Class D 120W*2 Amp Board | eBay

And then I found this thread...

Any suggestions for a nice power supply to run this off? And has anyone built something like this in a small speaker and how did you keep those buttons accessible?

dellama
You write: "I used two low ripple computer supplies in parallel" and "The amp is noisy....".
When I read your message, I connected my TPA3116D2 board and even with my ear in front of the loudspeaker I heard no noise. Two supplies in parallel may be worse than one because they may start pumping energy into one another. Use only one for a start. I use a 19V, 90W standard laptop charger, with 10000uF at the output, for supply of the TPA3116D2 board and there is neither hiss, nor hum.
You have different gain settings for the TPA3116D2 chip and I have read that high gain levels may result in quite some hiss.
I also paid around $5 for a complete board where nothing needs replacement or add-on. My board sounds about as good as my 2x30W Marantz. Absolutely value for money

Which TDA3116D2/ pic and / or link please?

Many thanks. Can you verify this unit is set to 26 dB gain? I imagine it is given it's quiet nature.

A friend is having a bear of time with a noisy TDA7492 and I've only been following 2.1 amps. So I needed a recommendation on a 2.0 unit.

Honestly, I do not know about the 26dB. The SMD resistors are terribly small. When I put 4.7KOhm resistors from the volume potentiometer mid-terminal (amplifier input) to ground I have no hiss.
I have experimented with many cheap class D chips and none really make much noise if they are operated from a low impedance pre-amplifier (I use a good quality headphone amplifier). Most OP-AMPs can drive 600Ohm so there is no need for 50KOhm.

Last edited:
Yes, if volume set to 0 noise also exists. The noise is like hiss. From tweeters of loudspeakers.
This hiss can be easily hear from about a meter from loudspeakers.
I tried different power supplies 12v, 24v, batteries - anyway hiss presents even w/o input signal connection, just loudspeakers.
If increase volume then hum appears from low-frequency, but I think hum is not a big problem, the problem is hiss.
Amplifier works good, no problem except this hiss