• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

TPA - USB Transport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an ETA on the USB module?
I'm in the final stages of building my BII and I'd like to implement USB if possible.

My goal is to have it done by the end of November. What I mean by done, is that the module will be designed and the PCBs for prototypes will be ordered. It may take a few weeks after that for it to become widely available.

It will all depend very much on how much time I have to devote to it.

Cheers!
Russ

The current USB module is based on the PCM2707 and is limited to 16-bit 44.1/48kHz material.

The new USB module will be based on an XMOS processor and will reproduce material up to 32-bit/384kHz.

Different in every way.

I didnt know that, when I throw higher res material at my TP usb module I think it pops, but Im sure it still plays, am I confused? I think I need one of these for my new buffalo 32 dac I need to build up soon:)

The module itself will support 32bit (at least for I2S output as SPDIF is inherently limited to 24bit). The only question is will the readily available drivers support it? I will need to test this from the driver end, but there is no hardware or firmware hurdle here.
Yes, that might be a problem. Even on MSB's USB2 web page, USB 2 Input Option, we find no word "32 bit" for their USB2 interfaces.
If 32 bit is tested and found feasible, are you going to provide a MCU upgrade for conventional Buffalo DAC? My understanding of a current bit length setting of Buffalo DAC is 24 bit.

Russ, a couple more questions arise...

What Windows drivers will be available? Window XP/Vista/7? 32/64 bit?
How would development look for this module, by which I mean things like source code, amount of space available (on the SPI?), how to update the firmware, etc.

I'm happy to hear that TP is working on a USB transport. I was about to pull the trigger on a MiniDSP miniSTREAMER in order to get USB support for my Buffalo.

Any thoughts about what this USB solution will offer that may be different than the features offered on the miniSTREAMER?

Looking forward to this.

I'm happy to hear that TP is working on a USB transport. I was about to pull the trigger on a MiniDSP miniSTREAMER in order to get USB support for my Buffalo.

Any thoughts about what this USB solution will offer that may be different than the features offered on the miniSTREAMER?

Looking forward to this.

The TP solutuion should be much better. The MiniStreamer is isochronous and only goes up to 24/96.

Status
Not open for further replies.