• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

TPA - USB Transport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eagerly awaiting...

Hi Russ, any news? I have received my raspberry pi and am weighing my options. It seems like I can get an i2s signal directly from the r-pi, but it looks like quite a bit of coding and I'm not sure how that will perform.

Maarten

I would suspect that the I2S feed from the R pi would be pretty suspect... as the clock generated onboard the card could not be very clean. It will probably be much better to use a really good USB-I2S solution with a dedicated low noise power supply.

Still awaiting Russ' USB-I2S card... Using another solution right now, and am debating whether to upgrade the oscillators (CCHD series) to 2x speed for better synchronous clocking results with the B-II. Right now I am providing masterclock to the B-II at less than the ideal rate for 24/176.4 and 24/192... Still sounds great though... I would rather wait for Russ' solution, which I presume will have the necessary clock rate for best performance with the ESS 9018, than go to all the trouble and expense of upgrading the clocks on my present card...

I have made some excellent progress, but I also have 3 new modules we are testing (that were in flight prior to this latest design).

The new things we are working on all work hand in hand. As soon as these are tested I will be ordering prototypes of the version of the USB module we will be making available.

The success of one thing helps move along the progress of the other. :)

I have made some excellent progress, but I also have 3 new modules we are testing (that were in flight prior to this latest design).

The new things we are working on all work hand in hand. As soon as these are tested I will be ordering prototypes of the version of the USB module we will be making available.

The success of one thing helps move along the progress of the other. :)

Hi,
any chance to have synchronous clock from usb transport to buffalo 3 ??

thank

I would suspect that the I2S feed from the R pi would be pretty suspect... as the clock generated onboard the card could not be very clean. It will probably be much better to use a really good USB-I2S solution with a dedicated low noise power supply.

Still awaiting Russ' USB-I2S card... Using another solution right now, and am debating whether to upgrade the oscillators (CCHD series) to 2x speed for better synchronous clocking results with the B-II. Right now I am providing masterclock to the B-II at less than the ideal rate for 24/176.4 and 24/192... Still sounds great though... I would rather wait for Russ' solution, which I presume will have the necessary clock rate for best performance with the ESS 9018, than go to all the trouble and expense of upgrading the clocks on my present card...

Thanks for your input, there doesn't seem to be much support for it anyway, perhaps for that same reason. Am now storing my songs on a thunderbolt SSD for the time being. Sounds quite a lot better than from internal hard drive. Keeps me satisfied for now :p

Lets just enjoy the wait, knowing great things will be revealed at the end :D

Thanks for your input, there doesn't seem to be much support for it anyway, perhaps for that same reason. Am now storing my songs on a thunderbolt SSD for the time being. Sounds quite a lot better than from internal hard drive. Keeps me satisfied for now :p

Lets just enjoy the wait, knowing great things will be revealed at the end :D

I don't know how the sound could be better using an SSD on Thunderbolt than Internal HDD... Really???

There's not enough latency from either media let alone the file size which is a joke to a HDD.

Are you sure you did not change other components in the chain which would account for this?

I'm really not buying into this

Do

I don't know how the sound could be better using an SSD on Thunderbolt than Internal HDD... Really???

There's not enough latency from either media let alone the file size which is a joke to a HDD.

Are you sure you did not change other components in the chain which would account for this?

I'm really not buying into this

Do

It looks like its constantly reading the file when playing music, maybe thats why? And I suspect there are more factors other than latency, for example I also turn off my internal hdd when playing music because theres another ssd inside running the OS

Did you know you can hook up a usb dac to an ipad by a camera connector? If you happen to have both, please try it out. That is how I listened to music at first and noticed the sound was less clean and less quiet when I went to play music from my computer. Now with the files on the external ssd the sound is much cleaner and much quieter again :) and its not because my ears have gotten cleaner and quieter ;)

It looks like its constantly reading the file when playing music, maybe thats why? And I suspect there are more factors other than latency, for example I also turn off my internal hdd when playing music because theres another ssd inside running the OS

Did you know you can hook up a usb dac to an ipad by a camera connector? If you happen to have both, please try it out. That is how I listened to music at first and noticed the sound was less clean and less quiet when I went to play music from my computer. Now with the files on the external ssd the sound is much cleaner and much quieter again :) and its not because my ears have gotten cleaner and quieter ;)

The important thing is that you're satisfied! :D

Do

I gave up after waiting for more than 2 years... Just bought a USB-interface from Italy...

Yes, already using other USB interface with DSD64/128, 384kHz PCM already....

If we keep this destructive criticism, there will be no opportunity to suggest functionalities during product development. TPA will prefer to keep new works confidential.

Status
Not open for further replies.