• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

TPA - USB Transport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, Brian and I are working through some PCB design details because we want the PCB to slide into a case. So I am in the process of creating some of the parts in my design package and routing the new PCB.

We have tested all the major concepts and now it is just time to get the final PCB done.

I have had little time to devote to it until the past week or so, but I am back on track.

Cheers!
Russ

Sure, Brian and I are working through some PCB design details because we want the PCB to slide into a case. So I am in the process of creating some of the parts in my design package and routing the new PCB.

We have tested all the major concepts and now it is just time to get the final PCB done.

I have had little time to devote to it until the past week or so, but I am back on track.

Cheers!
Russ

Thanks! Keep up the excellent work!

Do

Darn, I started this thread hoping it would do multi-channel for a Car-PC build I'm doing and then read you may be able to do both 2 channel and multichannel and then I guess you couldn't. Oh well lol, seeing as the 2 channel version isn't out yet I'm guessing a multi-channel would be a ways off. I'll probably have to try and grab I2s off a sound card or something possibly.

It would be nice if audio applications could use the hw variant instead of plughw to prevent
conversion inside alsa. Some apps can only use S24_3LE when playing 24-bits audio. But
as my integrated soundcard only supports S16_LE and S32_LE natively I wondered what
your USB module can.

Sounds nice, thanks! Are you planning on sharing your modifications to the XMOS
firmware? If I understand the license correctly you are able to distribute the object code of
the firmware (paragraph 5.1) and you are able to share the changes you made to the source
code (paragraph 6.1).

Cheers!
Russ
Hi Russ/Brian,

I've been waiting since 2010 for this module to be ready. It is no longer encouraging to read that you still are working on it...
Can you make a realistic estimate of when it is ready for sale?

Best regards,
Nelson

Remember this is DIY for me. I have built several prototype solutions. The design has morphed quite a lot since my first concept.

I understand some of you have been waiting a while, but the simple truth is that designing audio components is something love to do - I wish I could do it full time, but I have another full time occupation. :)

I have a layout I am just finishing up based on some case considerations. Brian and I will have our hands on it soon, and if it works then we will offer it to you folks.

What I can say is that I am currently testing firmware changes to support my schemes, and the results are quite good so far. And teleporter is working perfectly with it.

Cheers!
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.