Total subwoofer Q

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
We are talking with acoustic gain in a living room. Now if I had claimed free field, yeah right buddy, better measure that (bs) again.

Personally it doesn't matter if you believe or not. Without expert witness how would it be provable otherwise? How about a formal invite, come on over and have a look see hear. Design sim is 106dB/w/m add room gain, where 10dB is not that much, not when comparing room modal conditions. Similar extension to speakers I designed 30+ years ago. If playing music only, no subsonic filter is required, HT use does. Below Fb the second impedance peak is dampened quite well. With filter 99.9% of the 6k+tracks in my library sound the same as without.

Biggest issue I actually have is the wife and that we live in an condo. She thinks using so many for sub duty is far overkill as this single does more than she tolerates. This is the only WAF issue I have. Can build whatever as long as we don't have complaints and it's not turned up while she's home.

BTW I just read all this back to the wife and she agrees with everything said, especially the volume level. This is an experiment for design measurements, so either both of my UMIK-1's are defective and or both laptops/tower with REW, ARTA, Holm Impulse, Visual Analyzer are borked. At levels below 100dB these measurements are spot on (close enough for government use) with both my Galaxy SII and and my Galaxy Tab 2 using AudioTool.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.