• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Toshiba 2SK170/2SJ74 FET's and other semis for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After a bit of an adventure (my parcel seemed to be lost but then showed up at Customs) I received my parts -->
the last 9 pieces of 2SJ74 BL and a bunch of 2SK170 BL. They arrived very well packed and are genuine (did some quick testing).
Irwin has been very helpful to resolve my issue, so that was a positive experience! My best regards going to Noranda, WA!

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
After a bit of an adventure (my parcel seemed to be lost but then showed up at Customs) I received my parts

Standard in Germany. Last time mine got lost I got a letter to pick it up at Customs ?!? When I came there (40 km from where I live) they opened the package as according to them I was tax evading (who isn't, that is sports !). No shame, no proof just that statement. It turned out the guy shipping had not included a bill and part list ;) Who does with hobby stuff shipped between DIYers ?

The guy took out a small transformer and asked how much it costs. I said : 10 Euro. He says: no it is more expensive. He asks : how much costs this chip ? etc etc. After explaining this was for hobby use he let me go with a warning. "Next time...."

Most recent one was a package with a bill of 42 US $. They charged me 32,xx Euro tax as they include shipping costs in the total and added some kind of administration costs. So taxes were almost the same value as the goods....

Now I have packages from outside Germany sent to family/friends in the Netherlands. No hassle , no problems. Wir schaffen das !

Last edited:
Most recent one was a package with a bill of 42 US $. They charged me 32,xx Euro tax as they include shipping costs in the total and added some kind of administration costs

Now that is strange. They do indeed include the shipping costs (but they do that on everything... cars for instance. ;) In my case shipping from Australia was relatively expensive, but that is what Auspost charges and not Irwin).

Then you pay 19% tax (Mehrwertsteuer, and nothing else!) which came to a bit over 9€ in my case... do the math. Err, your parts value incl. shipping would have to be 170€ or 185$ to pay 32€ taxes?

Everybody hates taxes, but something's way off.

;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.