Top of the Line Chassis for Aleph 1.2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Last edited:
Tks Kevin.

I used 6mm AlSi1 material (I think it is 6085 series aluminium). After machining the edges of the raw sawn pieces and drilling all holes, the panels were steel powder blasted and anodized.

The facepanel underwent the same treatment and is missing the "nametag" which will be backlit later...

Heatsinks are from Seifert and came untreated. A set of holes and then as mentioned above.

All parts are held together with V2A screws and washers.

I had this case in my hands to get a Aleph J-clone working that came in as a mess. Honestly! I cost is not the issue, I would have a custom made case built!

Heatsinks are available in all sort of designs from all sort of manufacturors...

For ideas go to http://www.analog-forum.de/wbboard/...ImageWrapper&itemID=23194&type=page&from=user

This is what I built for my Aleph J, Aleph 3, Aleph X and F4 clones...

When you said "I had this case in my hands" which brand case are you referencing? Also "Heatsinks are available..." which case are you referencing and what top end heat sink brand would you recommend for the case?

More details please.

Tks Kevin.

I used 6mm AlSi1 material (I think it is 6085 series aluminium). After machining the edges of the raw sawn pieces and drilling all holes, the panels were steel powder blasted and anodized.

The facepanel underwent the same treatment and is missing the "nametag" which will be backlit later...

Heatsinks are from Seifert and came untreated. A set of holes and then as mentioned above.

All parts are held together with V2A screws and washers.

Very nice work. So, you made the case? Would you be willing to make me one? How much, I love this case!:D:D

Hey Xerocomm,

I will be more than happy to share my drawings with you but to be fair to my family and all the AAA-members I turned down, there is no way I could possibly build another one.

My friend Peter and I have built a total of 10 of these cases (2 Aleph X, 4 F4 which each run as bridged monos, 2 Aleph J and 2 Aleph 3). In addition we spent the last 3 years in building all sort of frontend equipment which needed decent wraping to satisfy her lordships´ demands (WAF!!!) and I am so fed up with it! Getting decent raw material was not so easy.

So send me your e-mail-contact and I´ll provide pics and drawings.

What I meant when I said having this case in my hands is that this case (http://www.modu.it/pesante_diss_10mm.jpg) is ok if you intend to wrap up your pcbs and power supply, but that it would never satisfy my demands neither in finishing quality nor design. It is definitely nothing I´d want to put on display in my living room.

The moment you mentioned cost was not a factor I concluded you wanted something serious. To me, this is what DIY audio is about. I cannot measure up to Nelson or Wayne or many others here in circuitry design so I am required to make use of their visdom and willingness to share precious information, but designing layouts, quality soldering and hardware building...this I can provide!

Be bold and give it a try!

You may not have a milling machine or lathe, but there may be someone in your neighborhood who could help.

Last edited:
Xerocomm Contact Informtion

Hey Xerocomm,

I will be more than happy to share my drawings with you but to be fair to my family and all the AAA-members I turned down, there is no way I could possibly build another one.

My friend Peter and I have built a total of 10 of these cases (2 Aleph X, 4 F4 which each run as bridged monos, 2 Aleph J and 2 Aleph 3). In addition we spent the last 3 years in building all sort of frontend equipment which needed decent wraping to satisfy her lordships´ demands (WAF!!!) and I am so fed up with it! Getting decent raw material was not so easy.

What I meant when I said having this case in my hands is that this case (http://www.modu.it/pesante_diss_10mm.jpg) is ok if you intend to wrap up your pcbs and power supply, but that it would never satisfy my demands neither in finishing quality nor design. It is definitely nothing I´d want to put on display in my living room.

The moment you mentioned cost was not a factor I concluded you wanted something serious. To me, this is what DIY audio is about. I cannot measure up to Nelson or Wayne or many others here in circuitry design so I am required to make use of their visdom and willingness to share precious information, but designing layouts, quality soldering and hardware building...this I can provide!

You may not have a milling machine or lathe, but there may be someone in your neighborhood who could help.

Send me the drawings, why not, I'll take a shot at it with a friend or two, or three or four or.....................

Thank you for the offer, I may need your help and guidance during this build since this will be my first Aleph. It will be my 483rd build but first Aleph! You are correct, the case looks nicer than most but will not be acceptable in my living room. I need something much better - MUCH MUCH better.

You can reach me at chris@xerocomm.com

I love DIY, we are all hear to help each other!

provide pics and drawings

Hey Xerocomm,

Mach.88, Did you get my email? I would love to see the pics and drawings to your design. You can send them to chris@xerocomm.com - I have a 20GB limit on my email, just FYI.

Hi Mach-

would you mind emailing your case design to me as well? I'm preparing to tackle my first diy aleph project and figuring out a suitable case seems to be one of the most difficult tasks. Email: cdrcam(at)gmail.com

thanks in advance!

Commandercam, I never got anything from Mach.88, maybe he is out of town. I will let you know if I get anything.

Aleph 1.2 or Aleph X AutoCAD File

Just a quick note; I know someone who just built a special enclosure and he got his rear panel from these people: The Beast - Services. The quality was good. (I'm not associated with them).

Thank you I'll try to contact them but I have one problem: I do not have a design yet and I do not know anything about the AutoCAD software!

So, having said that, does anyone have a Aleph 1.2 or Aleph X design they can share with me? I do own AutoCAD, so if you send me the file, I can do the rest.

Thanks!!!!:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.