Tone Control with Loudness ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes that is one way of doing it. and yest to make a passive band reject is equally simple. Unfortunately if you have a passive volume control in the same loop, you will be changing the impedance continually and also change the frequency of the filter and some buffer (op-amp) will be necessary.

Although theoretically cutting the mid as opposed to boosting the bass and treble would have a different effect on your perception.

First go try it practically by using the equaliser of your win-amp or media player. then decide if this is what you want and we will give some thought to how we will solve your problem practically.

Is this what you have in mind perhaps?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 280
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 275
Charles Darwin, that is EXACTLY what I am attempting here.

The eq in discussion has bass / mid / treble/ cut or boost. By cutting all 3, I effectively get a boost at 100hz and 4,000 hz. problem is I am trying to change the upper boost to 10,000 hz. No success in figuring out how to do it though:yell:

Nico Ras: Just wanted to know if your equation gave you the same 12.9 hz high-pass filter? That is what I calculated from it ..... if I did it correctly.

You can tune it to any desired frequency

So how do I do this?

You can tune it to any desired frequency

I am putting my passive TDK volume pot before the tone control. So is this still a problem?

I am not quite sure I understand your last question.

I am trying to change the upper boost to 10,000 hz.. If you look at the graph on that page, you can see the intersection of the mid and treble is 4,000 hz. I want to increase that to 10,000hz. Any thoughts????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.