To Anodize or Not...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks MEGA-amp! That's the one I was thinking of!

Kilowatski - I just ordered some of the sinks that I linked in my first post at the start of this thread. They are about 6.5" wide and 10" tall each - 4 per monobloc. A number of people here used these same sinks for Aleph 2's which have the same power dissipation. I hadn't considered using a copper plate before. What are some likely sources for the copper - I've never looked for this before?

Edit: <Cough> I just found some copper sheets on the McMaster web page: $200 for 6" by 36" of 3/16" thick! Yikes! That size would be just enough for one amp...

Last edited:
Eric,
I built an Aleph 4, and am in the process of building 2 Aleph 30's to run the 2 front speakers in my stereo/surround system. Let me warn you about the heat generated by one Aleph 4. I use a fan in the room next door, and route the air under the amp which lives in a purpose built wooden rack. The blower is a 220 volt running on 110 to slow it down and make it quieter. The heat from the one amp eventually warms my 16 x 19 foot basement. I figure with the additional 2 Aleph 30's, I will have to close off the furnace grates that feed the room when I have the amps on. With 5 amps, you will have to actively manage the heat or it will run you out of the room. I am near Chicago so I get 7 months of cold weather and the basement is always cool, until I turn on the Aleph!
Good luck
Don

:eek:

A music playing Heater , Nelson should change the name to Aleph F50 deg C....:D

Last edited:
Steve, that is good info on the filled epoxy powdercoat!

There is some benefit to going with a powerdercoat solution in terms of "look and finish" compared to the work required on raw aluminum... Plus, in theory I can shoot it myself!

Any links to this material you know of??

I will check for links. We used it at a company I once worked for, but I was in product development, not the paint department.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.