• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TO-3 SYMASYM

Hi Rudi,

I'm excited about your next evolution of your 'product-line' into the digital domain. Exciting territory where lots of innovation can take place. Please let me know what the total is ($USD) for 2, Rev. 2 boards plus shipping, and I will Paypal the balance. I'm assuming a BOM will be available as well?

Thx, Rick

Cheers Rudi,

Just for clarification (cause the I don't get the BoM correct) for the Mica places:

- C2 & C13: 100pF Mica Capacitor
- C9: 10pF Mica Capacitor
- C10 & C11: 330pF Mica Capacitor

Is this correct? Because the Reichelt BoM then misses 1 330pF Cap ;-)

- C7 & C20: 270pF Ceramic Capacitor
- 100nF Ceramic Capacitor: goes WHERE?

Cheers,

Fabian

Last edited:
Rudi,

I've cross-checked the Reichelt order and the .XLS spreadsheet. Aside from a few of the hardware items (lugs, socket, crimp connectors, etc.) there were only a handful of parts I could not verify. I also believe you must have specified a few extra parts as the quantities were different. (I do the same thing.)

I could not find the following in the Reichelt order/cart. Some may have simply been a language barrier issue as well.

100k Precision Pot
10pf cap (n/a @ Reichelt)
1000uf polarized cap
2SC3263
1 ohm resistor

A few of the parts are sourced elsewhere (Farnell,Internet) as noted on the spreadsheet.

Hope this helps.

Rick

Have just finalised the stability components on a 1943/5200 version of the Symasym.
Will do the second channel and then report my findings.

I will probably include an asc file to show where my version is very slightly different from the Pavel modified version.
How do I include Cordell models in the asc so that everyone that wants to play can use the same models as everyone else?

Andrew, include the Cordell models in a txt.file of its own and include the text-file into your LTSpice schematic by means of a ".include Cordell models.txt" Spice directive.
Add the .txt - file to your post, so I can download and save it in my Spice model's directory.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Last edited:
Rudi -

Quick question... Since you designed the BB Rev 2.0 as dual mono, what size trafo do you recommend to serve the amp justice under moderate power without the rails sagging too much, or at all (appreciable)? I was thinking of this 300VA 25V TRANSFORMER for each channel. Yes? Or a single 600VA to conserve space inside the enclosure. Didn't see it specifically mentioned anywhere in the guide or in this thread. But I have not read the entire thread yet either. :)

Thx - Rick

Andrew: the thread is still called: "TO3-SYMASYM", but I have designed the current layout to accomodate it to TO3-P transistors (the layout is shown in post # 1056).
I myself am giving the small SANKEN 2SC3263 and 2SA1294 transistors a chance right now.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

P.S.: What about your LTSpice model of the Toshiba - SYMASYM?

For Toplastic which can have 100W to 230W devices, the same logic applies to determining a suitable transformer rating.

2pair of 230W devices divided by 5 gives a maximum output of 184W
2pair of 100W devices divided by 5 gives a maximum output of 80W
Transformers over the range of 80VA to 368VA would be suitable for this range of output devices.
Just calculate which end of the range you need for your own design.

Red,
are you any further forward in selecting a suitable transformer?
No. I'm still a ways off from deciding. It will largely come down to the size of the enclosure(s) and whether I want to use 1 or 2 trafos in this build. I just like to have the extra iron in my PSUs should I need it for extra power. Otherwise my needs (most of the time) are fairly modest, so I'm leaning towards the 300-400VA transformers. If I decide to use a single enclosure then I may bump it up a notch since it will be driving two amps.