TO-236 muting transistor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for all the help. It's difficult for me to order at digikey, but if there is no other way I will try it. Farnell or RS components is much easier for me, but they don't have it. I will post the schematic tomorrow. It's for a Roland XV-3080 synthesizer, the transistor is only used to mute the outputs during startup

It's

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LT22i met Tapatalk

Hi, thanks again for the answers.
They also have the original 2SC3326 at Mouser.
Great news! But shipping is 20 euros and that's just a lot for 1 or 2 transistors... :(

I don't have to pay shipping when I order at RS components or Farnell.
But they don't seem to have anything similar. The closest one I can find is a BSR19, but it has only 6V Vbe.

I have found the original 2SC3326 at RS components, but only in some countries - 'On backorder' in Australia; in Cyprus it says 'Temporarily out of stock in the UK'; the UK site states it's 'Currently not available for sale' and in Belgium it doesn't exist.
Strange, I'll send them an e-mail for an explanation.

Just for kicks, try any regular low power transistor there.
Say a BC something which you probably have.
It might even be a TO92 case one just tack solder legs in proper pads.
It wight work reasonably well and save you time and money.
Worst case, you pull it out and "wasted" what ....10 minutes?
Post results here either way.

EDIT: just read datasheet and, yes, it *is* one weird specialized transistor. Ouch!!
Anyway I'd *still* waste 10 minutes trying a standard transistor there. :)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.