TL_A&B

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Speakerman,

That link takes us to a document on some Fried Kits. Nothing really to do with the IMF speakers (except in that they resulted because IMF didn't want anything to do with Bud anymore).

I sold quite a few prebuilt and in kit form.

Do you know if that document exists in NOT ^&% #$*& Flash? Be nice to have a copy of those for my archives, i haven't seen those since hardcopy in the late 70s.

dave

The Fried kits have the same roots as the older IMF. I was illustrating the Fried designs showing the enclosures design and damping material placement. I would just print the document. The most you can do is copy and paste it. A wide variety of 10" drivers work well in these enclosres. Adjusting damping density behind the driver the most critical area of the cabinet volume. Small changes in damping density shown in many of his kit plan designs using the same enclosure with different drivers. Examples are O1 ,O2 and O3 models until cabinet designred changed to O4 model.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Bailey used wool. IMF used foam. I wouldn't refer to the IMF lines as a prechamber.

Early IMF lines used wool, but for ease & consistency of production switched to foam.

In the attachment, the prechamber, which takes up ~ 1/3 of the box, is hi-lited.

dave

Attachments

• cutawayTLS80-prechamber.gif
    cutawayTLS80-prechamber.gif
    67 KB · Views: 139
HI Martin! How goes your work with BLH's?

Slow, but I am making progress. I have some new worksheets and a design I am happy with for the Fostex FE-126E / FF125K / F120A / FX120 / FE-108E Sigma family of drivers. I need to build (or get it built locally) and test it.

I have some ideas for a couple of more elaborate corner horns that I think are very interesting, I need to create some new worksheets to handle the calculatons.

Always something interesting to work on,

Martin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.