Titanium Tweeter down to 2K (or lower)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Damnit!!

First electrostatics, now Be tweeters. What else am I not supposed to lick?

Erik

Manufacturers should put some bitrex on their domes.

Maybe you are objecting to the ferrofluid damping? I've heard very good textiles. Metal domes _tend_ to exaggerate or ring in the last octave. But the Focal Tioxid's did sound very good to me, and they had a decent motor structure, shame they are gone.

In any event, try this page, it has a good collection of non-textile dome's. Maybe you'll even like a ceramic or aluminum/ceramic. The eton's especially may be to your liking.

Best,

Erik

I can't find the CSD of others manufacturers and the resonnances after 10K are not a shame for me, i d'ont ear anything after 13K (at reasonable levels)

The CSD of my 10$ dome looks perfect, why spend more money ?

...To have a beautiful object ?

Last edited:
Interresting but expensive, i was searching for somthing in that price range :
Dayton Audio DC25T-8 1" Titanium Dome Tweeter

What are your real requirement? Titanium? 2K Hz crossover? or under $15?

For the 2K xover, I would look for tweeter with a Fs below 700 Hz

I saw many successful design crossover at 2K and did that myself using the Dayton Audio RS28A-4. But it is copper and priced at $55.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/278728-crossover-modest-diy-bookshelf-speaker-project.html

The Dayton Audio DC28F-8 may also work for 2K xover at $20. But it is a silk dome.

MCM has a bunch of titanium tweeters at very low price, but they do not tell you anything about the spec.

Titanium within Tweeters - MCM Electronics Category

Let us know what you find.

What are your real requirement? Titanium? 2K Hz crossover? or under $15?

For the 2K xover, I would look for tweeter with a Fs below 700 Hz

I saw many successful design crossover at 2K and did that myself using the Dayton Audio RS28A-4. But it is copper and priced at $55.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/278728-crossover-modest-diy-bookshelf-speaker-project.html

The Dayton Audio DC28F-8 may also work for 2K xover at $20. But it is a silk dome.

MCM has a bunch of titanium tweeters at very low price, but they do not tell you anything about the spec.

Titanium within Tweeters - MCM Electronics Category

Let us know what you find.

Could you explain why i should not use a 2k résonnant tweeter for a 2k xover ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.