"Tired2way" speaker building.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Those are Klipsch hersey if I remember the name? This is a swedish speaker from "Carlsson", he is well known in Sweden at least.

Attachments

• oa52-3.JPG
    oa52-3.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 220
I have tried with the panels but it made a very small difference. This is about as good as it gets right now (picture). As seen it is a little to much middle range level. Salas, do you think I can get this lower with some more stuffing behind woofer? If I changed the 2.5 mH coil it would help but It is not possible so a little more stuffing might at least help?

Attachments

• senast.jpg
    senast.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 166
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
That graph has to be averaged, because it can be deceptive in a way. The 8inch driver surely beams before crossover and above. So the question is, do you perceive a mid heavy balance as depicted on the above spot measurement? If yes to an extent, then some stuffing can help a little if its not too pronounced. The key is either by crossover or angling or stuffing to have as much mid balance as it is enough before the ear locks to the circa 60Hz room mode. I have seen some flatter graphs from you I think, were taken in the other location?

Well I probably had flatter in some but I made many measurings at and near listening position and they all had a similar level increase in the middle range. I think some near field ones looked flatter. I will try to put some more stuffing in and also wrap the extra bracing I put in with it and see what happens. If I am right too much stuffing can lower bass output and then the balance is wrong anyway. Yes I will post a measuring with the room noise, brb.

Ok here it is, I boosted the level a little, hope it is enough.
First picture is as it was, then picture for picture the less toe-in it is and the last one straigt ahead without toe-in. It is the lined out top level that you should read. They all seem rather similar.

Attachments

• original.jpg
    original.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 161
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 146
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 134
  • straight.jpg
    straight.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hmmm... It could afford less mids as a pair at that particular point in space, looks like only the brilliance range tames with toeing out, but I am kinda worried of that bass mode that now the mids level meets. I mean the ear has the trait to lock on things in relief, and maybe if you will try drop the mids a bit it could suddenly start dragging. But all it takes is a trial as always. Do you have a circa 0.25mH coil to put in series to the bass driver?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.