Tiny TAS5558 +TAS5624 "Power_DAC"+SMPS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I mean this one ELAC. Guys, if you can give me some ID examples which you feel looks nice, please do that. Actually good idea to start somewhere else topic about ID, I think today any DIYer have chance to build his own design on the top industry level, if he has passion and time of course. Mostly due to software which improved a lot and 3D printing tech as well.

Attachments

• 2018-12-08_13-00-35.png
    2018-12-08_13-00-35.png
    131.4 KB · Views: 220
Hugh Jazz, I think 1970s the buying process was completely different and logo was a more serious sales factor. Nowadays information is matter, and your "fxe&smthnelse" product's logo is a good confirmation because looks like a typical chinese noname. You bought that not because of logo says "buy me right now!" but rather you checked the info about it and compared prices.

Hugh Jazz, I think 1970s the buying process was completely different and logo was a more serious sales factor. Nowadays information is matter, and your "fxe&smthnelse" product's logo is a good confirmation because looks like a typical chinese noname. You bought that not because of logo says "buy me right now!" but rather you checked the info about it and compared prices.

Yes, and I have a degree in engineering and two masters, and my hobby has been audio building for over 35 years. I'm definitely your average consumer. ;-) The point is not so much whether someone will buy it but how much they will pay right? If the brand screams "crappy don't buy me" then they'll expect to pay next to nothing - like FX Audio crap vs Denon etc. Your average consumer will pick the brand they trust unless the unknown oozes quality so it is "rare and exclusive". But hey, put comic sans on it, call it a toy, and glue on a ghastly 1980s logo - it's good for me - I will be able to buy it cheap.

Last edited:
Hugh Jazz, actually, I like if my HiFiTOY looks like a comic parody to XX century HiFi just 4-7 times less and with modern stuff inside, that's my original concept. I think my competitors rather chinese noname like fxe/dyton/lepy than denon, and you know why I would win both of them? Because I'm not so simplified like noname(essentially it is ST/Ti appnotes copies with more or less mistakes) but not so greedy like denon(50Wx2 7x times more expensive vs fxe but at least SMPS onboard) and all that information easy to get and check :)

chermann, thank you for your opinion but please try walking in my shoes ;) One of most advantages of my design is compactness, and guitar-shaped variant looks a lot smaller with the same dimensions 155x108x35mm. Probably heatsink fins bevel is not optimal, I gonna harmonize that further. Let's see what will say others.

hey!.. you are developer ...i am just a electronic super noob campared to you.;)
i just remember that doctor gives you a hint for thermal development and checking your temp management in your powerDAC. i do not realize if its ready ore satisfied with your ideas.

chermann, last few weeks I'm working with ID, and I realized something interesting, all people have an ability to split beauty vs ugliness just by first glance, hence people are nearly perfect comparators for that but not all can know how and what exactly need to change to get nice looking thing finally(and I do not ask for that) ;)

oh sorry i do not want to blame you...really.....:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.