TINA Vs. Multisim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings folks:

Newbie on here. I loved Circuit maker, and had the full package, but kind of wanted to move onto something a bit more powerful that had tube models. I committed $1200.00 towards Tina, and I am not that happy after about 8 months of use. Their tech support is okay, but the software is buggy, and doesn't run correctly on all my machines, and it seems to crash at various times when trying to do analysis op amps-transistors-tubes, etc.

I am thinking of saving up for Multisim/Ultiboard package, but that is a pretty large financial commitment, especially after spending what I did on Tina. I hear multisim is buggy too, and I don't think it is going to give me any more features than I already have, but Tina's PCB designer is really dated. You can't even drop a pad on a pcb without having to create a part for it (unless I don't know how. Their forum is not very helpful either.

The problem with multisim is they don't have a full set of modelled vacuum tubes used in the MI industry, and I don't know what the have in their foot print library like tube sockets and potentiometers. Any advice?

Joined 2011
Greetings folks:

Newbie on here. I loved Circuit maker, and had the full package, but kind of wanted to move onto something a bit more powerful that had tube models. I committed $1200.00 towards Tina, and I am not that happy after about 8 months of use. Their tech support is okay, but the software is buggy, and doesn't run correctly on all my machines, and it seems to crash at various times when trying to do analysis op amps-transistors-tubes, etc.

I am thinking of saving up for Multisim/Ultiboard package, but that is a pretty large financial commitment, especially after spending what I did on Tina. I hear multisim is buggy too, and I don't think it is going to give me any more features than I already have, but Tina's PCB designer is really dated. You can't even drop a pad on a pcb without having to create a part for it (unless I don't know how. Their forum is not very helpful either.

The problem with multisim is they don't have a full set of modelled vacuum tubes used in the MI industry, and I don't know what the have in their foot print library like tube sockets and potentiometers. Any advice?

Usually the user groups for such programs will share lots of components and libraries, so look and see what they have there.

Hi, before you splash out any more $ right now, Multisim is free for a couple of years http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/software-tools/263091-multisim-blue.html so you can try it out :) Ultiboard is included, but i think it's limited to free for 1 year. Make sure you read the details of the offer.

Also don't forget to update the models after installing ;)

I've been using a previous version for a number of years, & love it :)

Hmmm.. I'll have to check that out, even though I could kick myself.. I really missed using circuit maker which runs fine on w7, w8, but I couldn't figure out how to make spice files for various things, so I threw the towel in. Live and learn i suppose. I was really mad when Altium bought them out and burried the package.

Okay Zero D.. Downloaded it, and playing with it. I need some sample audio circuits so I can quickly see how it functions, PCB, etc. Do you folks have anywhere I can download some sample audio circuits? i.e. op amps, simple power supply, or even vac tube circuits?

So far seems a step up from TINA, but I'd like to see if it crashes when simulating.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.