Time for a new alternator?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

Stw will be ok, if not then I will have even bigger problem since I will drive +/-60 bridge...So because of current limit I will get just under 1kw/4R, same goes for you, where voltage will be your limit + I don't think you will listen to 2kw of bass, when I heard it, it was almost painfull...:dead:

You have stw's in now? if so don't change them

Hi

Loool don't say that, not now,and not because I would want to...anyway you can still go for 2R and go for 4R later...Does that amp have overcurrent possible with that board? For amps sake hope it does :dead:. But you will need to sort out how to get stable voltage as possible. How much power will you really need? Not the power you want to play, but power you will play, music, 90% of the time?

Hi

Here is my amp2 in case waiting supply to be ready + some other things

P1010072.jpg

p1010073.jpg

Yes, I can adjust the overcurrent with a simple resistor change. Right now I think it is set somewhere around 22A. I'm going to set the overvoltage to 52v.

I think real world power levels will be much less than calculated. I know the two 4 ohm coils in parallel will be more than 2 ohm most of the time due to impedance rise. Couple that with voltage drop and I think I'm in the safe zone.

I don't need any of this power really. I'm just doing it because I can (and to learn a few things). :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.