TI TPA3100D2, Amazing Class D Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The RCAs are a problem. Maybe someone can figure it out: They have differential inputs with jumpers by them for unbalanced. I have no idea what balanced rca's exist that could be used in the first place. Anyway, I tried to bypass the rca inputs but nothing worked. I tried to solder connections directly to the pads which normally works fine but there is something to how the differential input is set up that I am missing because nothing works. So I have to plug an rca into the jacks and run wires from the plugs to the chassis inputs, creating an unneeded extra connection.

If someone can explain how to avoid having to use the stock rca that would be great.

HI Wushuliu,
Can you elaborate on the rca input.
What is a differential input ? How do you manage to get the sound with the standard rca input ?
Would be nice if you can post a picture of the rca input in your set up >.
Anybody planning to make a pcb for this chip ?
thanks

kp93300

I post the schematic from the application manual

thanks for the tip

Attachments

• eval board schematic.jpeg
    eval board schematic.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,361
I bought the evaluation board and powered with a 12 V SLA last night.. I tried it with and without buffer and Buffalo 2 dac . My speaker is 91db efficient and has it own powered woofer.
I listen for about 1 hr. The impression may not hold later. with run in.
Compared to my modded Trend audio 10.1, the bass and high is lacking.

Hi Wushuliu, what is the size of the power supply caps and input coupling caps in TBI ??
What is the power supply V in in the TBI?

thanks

kp93300

Last edited:
I have no problem w/ bass or treble. The TBI is similar to the eval board in terms of component values as far as I could tell.

This may sound like an ignorant question but is the eval board something you can just hook up to a power supply and the speakers and get it going right away?

I figured maybe it would be cheaper to build a board myself but I'm not done reading on electronics and I think I might try simple "hook ups" to start.

I set the gain at 26 db. Tried a buffer and didnot improve bass and treble.
Vocal has a tube type of sound and is good with the eval board..
I notice that the board use 1uf smd ceramic input caps . The Texas chip is smaller than the Tripath chip.

Hope all this will improve with more cap burnt in.

cheers
kp93300

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.