TI Samples

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
On the whole I expect to pay for my hobbies and interests.
But would like to publicly extend my thanks to Analogue Devices
for supplying me certain components free of charge when have
been unable to economically obtain them in the UK.
I made no attempt to cover the fact that I was a humble amateur/
hobbyist and was most unlikely to be ordering reels
of components.
Now that I can easily obtain these components from RS and suchlike,
I will purchase in the normal way.

I say,hurrah for Analogue Devices,, what what.:D

Setmenu

They are saying:

TI is pleased to provide free devices, order processing, and shipping for those who want hands-on experience with TI devices.

TI normally also pays customs fees. FedEx is the customs broker and charges these fees to TI. A few countries, like Russia and Ukraine, require the consignee to pay the duties or tariffs and do not allow TI to pay these fees. Also if your company uses a third party customs broker, then you will be charged the customs fees.

Some countries charge a value-added tax (VAT) or user tax. In these countries you may be required to pay these fees when the samples are delivered.

How can I know that my country (Latvia) is on this list? I tried to contact FedEx, but they didn't answer. I am scared of 100$ bill for shipping. And I can't buy TI products here without big shipping fees.
Even NS products are expensive. Local distributor asks 30$ for LM4780TA + shipping fee.
I wish I could order some LM3886 sample.

But TI is great company. I mailed them, and said that I am a student and I was honest - I said that I am not going to buy these ICs in large quantities, only few components, but they said that they will send some ICs for me :)
TI rocks.

Last edited:
Is it fair that guys with basic skills and low knowledge can order free samples?
There should be at least 5 tasks to test how much you know...
But at the moment Ive got 1 package, and i dont feel good after receiving it..

My sister is qualified computer technician, thanks to me...
I made her thesis 100% and she got maximum points :)
Its not fair againts others who failed, i dont even know how the hell did they manage to..

I have no electronics education, im a plummer....

I got 3 LM3886 chips in non isolated package T
All of them had defect Vee shorted with output somehow...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.