Threshold sa6

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Maybe :)

Let's take an example :

- CD player Ayon CD 5 (with integrated preamp) connected directly to the thresholds with XLR = noise

- CD player Ayon CD5 connected (RCA) to my preamp (Joule Electra), and preamp connected to the Thresholds = noise

- CD player Ayon CD5 connected (XLR) to the SPL Volume 2 (solid state preamp), and SPL connected to the Thresholds = no noise.

The SPL Volume 2 is also grounded and I use same power chords and XLR cables each time. I would like to understand :confused:
Could it be an impedance mismatch (the SPL do something for impedance compatibility).

Here's the préamp, nothing exceptionnal, I bought it just for this purpose :

Description: Sound Performance Lab
6moons audio reviews: SPL Volume2

I have also noise problem with Threshold SA30e.

My system are : computer or laptop connected with usb to audio gd m7 dac. The dac re connected to my MBL5011 preamp. My preamp is connected to the Treshold.

The noise dissapear when I use my laptop on the battery, but when I plug the power cord to my laptop noise come back.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.