Threshold NS10 Lineamp PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Post from the Toolereg GB thread

ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL,

The Toolereg team has decided to put this GB on HOLD for a very good reason and to the benefit of all who signed in for this shunt regulator boards.

Some time ago we have asked Jan Didden who is one of the more experienced members of DIYA regarding voltage regulators to review the technical aspect of this regulator and he has kindly accepted to do this in his own lab. To this end, Steen has kindly sent to Jan the compact prototypes for him to do this work and as far as we know Jan has already started to do so.

So the boards might need some layout changes derived from Jan’s work so this has been the reason to call this GB on HOLD for a while.

The technical discussion will be held on the original thread by Cetoole on the SS forum.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114070&highlight

In the meanwhile you may continue to add boards to the Wiki.

The Toolereg Team, and if I may speak for all others on this thread, greatly appreciates Jan Didden’s good will to help us refine this excellent shunt regulator designed by Colin Toole,

Cheers,

I just received some boards that I drew up based on the latest iteration of Colin's shuntreg design, and a simple CLC pre circuit. I'm looking for a few people to try these out and make comments on them and depending on the results, perhaps this GB might get resurrected :) If you're interested, please contact me and we can work the details out. The more fancy the measurement equipment you have and willingness to get cracking on this, the better. I'm willing to ship worldwide and would like to recoup a tiny bit of my investment so far.

P%20002.jpg

Bigger pic here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/JapdboKbRhH8U6q5Kr66Gw?feat=directlink

Tea-Bag said:
I could use 1 for trying as a nice suppy for a B1.
I am still trying to get use of a scope, so I can't promise any detailed measurements beyond that a common DVM provides.
I also can't promise I will get it together quickly. :smash:

heh. well then :D

'Scopes and run of the mill DVMs are more or less useless in this case, as we're talking about nV. There are a lot of threads around about measuring these voltages if you're really interested. I personally use one of these guys:

http://www.tangentsoft.net/elec/lnmp/

... and occasionally scour Ebay for a nice precision AC volt meters, but honestly am not quite sure what to look for :clown:

I'm about to move older group buy wiki pages. Can anybody enlighten me about this group buy? The wiki list is gigantic but didn't anything happen?

is this the GB for the four regulators based on Cetoole's design?

If so, it was on hold till the oscillation problem had been solved.

I suspect this GB can be revived if the PCB were kept small (very cheap and easily fitted inside source equipment) and a shuntie, maybe a Salas type were substituted.

BUT,
the attraction to so many potential buyers was the extremely small size and the very economic PCB incorporating 4 projects in the single board.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.