Threadjacking

Re: Can saltwater be burned as fuel?

Nordic said:
A gentleman from Erie named John Kanzius made a somewhat "shocking" discovery while he was working on a radio-wave generator he had developed for the treatment of cancer. While attempting to desalinate sea water using radio frequencies, he noticed flashes, and within a few days, had saltwater burning in a test-tube as if it were a candle. The discovery spawned interest from the scientific community, mostly concerned with whether or not the water could be used as a fuel, and of course, healthy doses of disbelief. Last week, a Penn State University chemist named Rustum Roy held a demonstration proving that the science is sound, noting that the water doesn't burn, though the radio frequencies weaken the bonds holding together the salt, releasing hydrogen which is ignited when exposed to the RF field. Mr. Kanzius and Dr. Roy say the question now is the efficiency of the energy, and are presenting the technology to the US Department of Defense and Department of Energy to investigate how useful the technology will be. Of the plentiful maybe-fuel (which apparently burns so hot it can melt test-tubes) Dr. Roy says, "This is the most abundant element in the world. It is everywhere," and (without recognition of the poetic irony, as far as we can tell), "Seeing it burn gives me chills." Check the TV report after the break to see the water in action.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/11/can-saltwater-be-burned-as-fuel/

Isn't the energy coming from the radio wave generator? Are they trying to say he gets more energy out than he puts in? That would violate the first law of thermodynamics.

Ture enough Sy. I don't personally think that it is overunity, (almost zero info) nor did I expect him to say so. It may be novel and interesting and there may be tons of unrealized potential (hah, a joke, a pun.....) in the situation. However, it may simply end up being a novel way to do a known thing.

But..you always seem to to fail to deal with the fact the the 2nd 'law' of thermodynamics is not a law. Merely a postulate that holds true for most observed phenomena. Not all.

Lol SY, I am disgusted and yet, can't stop laughing...

cookie2.jpg

Re: Can saltwater be burned as fuel?

Nordic said:
A gentleman from Erie named John Kanzius made a somewhat "shocking" discovery while he was working on a radio-wave generator he had developed for the treatment of cancer. While attempting to desalinate sea water using radio frequencies, he noticed flashes, and within a few days, had saltwater burning in a test-tube as if it were a candle. The discovery spawned interest from the scientific community, mostly concerned with whether or not the water could be used as a fuel, and of course, healthy doses of disbelief. Last week, a Penn State University chemist named Rustum Roy held a demonstration proving that the science is sound, noting that the water doesn't burn, though the radio frequencies weaken the bonds holding together the salt, releasing hydrogen which is ignited when exposed to the RF field. Mr. Kanzius and Dr. Roy say the question now is the efficiency of the energy, and are presenting the technology to the US Department of Defense and Department of Energy to investigate how useful the technology will be. Of the plentiful maybe-fuel (which apparently burns so hot it can melt test-tubes) Dr. Roy says, "This is the most abundant element in the world. It is everywhere," and (without recognition of the poetic irony, as far as we can tell), "Seeing it burn gives me chills." Check the TV report after the break to see the water in action.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/11/can-saltwater-be-burned-as-fuel/

I had a copy of an article with the title: "Electronic Flame" about some kind of high voltage generator that would make a flame come out of a piece of glass rod. I was looking around for it, but can't find it. The device was sort of a Tesla coil-like contraption with vacuum tubes. I'll send myself an email so when I get home I'll be reminded to look for it some more. I was wondering if it could be used to make artificial gems.

SY said:
Or it's Rustum Roy being goofy again. Remember polywater?

I remember hearing about that from one of my chemistry professors in the 70's. She said something about the discoverers' being fooled into thinking it was a polymer because of impurities in the capillary containers. I also came across an article in a magazine about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polywater

"Say, can someone help me with my bike? I don't know how to put the chain back on..."

What, don't you have a big brother?

Cal, I don't know if I should tell you this. But I guess a maderator will pull me into line. Going by your self portrait, you could loose a little weight.

NB Typo intentionally not corrected. T.I.C.

Time itself does not exist. Never did. Just like I keep tellin' youse guys. There are no facts, of any kind, except for one: There are no facts.

The possibility that time may not exist is known among physicists as the “problem of time.” It may be the biggest, but it is far from the only temporal conundrum. Vying for second place is this strange fact: The laws of physics don’t explain why time always points to the future. All the laws—whether Newton’s, Einstein’s, or the quirky quantum rules—would work equally well if time ran backward. As far as we can tell, though, time is a one-way process; it never reverses, even though no laws restrict it.

http://discovermagazine.com/2007/jun/in-no-time

It does run backward. It's the negative dimensional opposite to this positive or place we like to call 'reality'. Read some Walter Russell. I haven't read much of his stuff, but he seems to have gotten it well enough to maybe show you how it works. Just remember, Even among the genii, there are giants, whom are ridiculed--for their distance and towering intellect. Even amongst them! Walter Russell may just have been one of them.