Thorens TD-319

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
billinchile said:

Since I have a Thorens 318 as well, I will be very interested to know how your tonearm substitution goes. I just took a look, and, assuming that you don't modify the plinth, you have a 4.5cm per side square in which to mount another arm. So that gives you some lee-way. But still, you should check the mounting requirements for any arm you intend to place there.

Is this the cutout in the plinth or size of the top plate ?

The Rega arm length is a little more than most.

Other arms worth fitting if on a budget :

Mayware Formula 4, Linn LVX+, Grace G707, Syrinx LE1, Mission 774LC etc....

:) sreten.

billinchile said:

Since I have a Thorens 318 as well, I will be very interested to know how your tonearm substitution goes. I just took a look, and, assuming that you don't modify the plinth, you have a 4.5cm per side square in which to mount another arm. So that gives you some lee-way. But still, you should check the mounting requirements for any arm you intend to place there.

Well, since i am inexperienced this information should have been enough to let me desist from installing the Rega.
Still unexpectedly i won an RB-250 on ebay for about 100 euro :eek: , so i'll keep you informed.

Well the other issue with the Rega is the non adjustable arm height.

I'd suggest making a new perspex / acrylic mounting plate of
appropriate thickness, this could be built up from thinner layers.

Make it a good size larger than the cut out.

I dont think the arm will need to be recessed into the subchassis.

:) sreten.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.