thor vs odin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is a picture of my Thor.

Attachments

• thor.jpg
    thor.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 692
Re: bi-wire THOR

tomchaoda said:
ChriSKa:

Is this what you mean? (Sorry I am new guy in this area!)

Thanks

Thomas

What I meant, but didn't quite explain, is that you make two xovers. One for treble and one for mid\bass. This way you'll have the possibility two make them bi-wire. I can send you a picture, but I'm at work, and I'll have to draw first :)

Christer

Experience ODIN - german Intertechnik version

Regarding the refined version of the ODIN , with special designed enclosures, this speaker seamed wonderful to me. I had the older version with Seas W17EX002 and without the Millenium tweeter. (look at the network).

I want to add, that this speaker sounded not as good with a big japanese amp, as it would do with a fine valve. The trebles had been to loud with that japanese FET AMP, and in first step u thought , i had to filter the tweeter 1-2db less.

But first i tried my valve SE AMP 2*1W ;) and that showed me how really good that speaker was. -
The highs had been really good and the speaker played loud and deep. (I used and impedance filter for the valcve amp).

So my advise-use SE twice :)

greets
kai, ger

Attachments

• odin_fn.jpg
    odin_fn.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 637
There are a lot of SS amps that sounds perfectly fine with high resolution drivers... just don´t try midfi receivers with feedback and sub optimal PS and parts though.

Some that works very fine is Pass Aleph, Gamut D200 or LC Audio Zapsolute. The latest generations of PWM amps would probably work very fine as well.

The bad rep ultra high resolution speakers have got is probably from using "crappy" electronics and a bad voicing of the speakers.

Stiff cones with low distortion motors is transparent... crap in = crap out, but feed them nice signals and a big smile normally appears on the listeners.

/Peter

My impression of the Thor speakers

I built a set of Thor speakers using the Madisound speaker cabinets.

They are probably the best sounding speakers I have heard.

Inicially the speakers sounded a little constipated, but after a couple weeks the speakers loosened up (broke in) and just blew me away.

I often times find myself thinking "Wow, these sound damn good... Amazing...".

The bass is clean and extreamly tight. The room is a huge factor for the bass. I had to do a bit of speaker placement tweaking to obtain the desired results.

It would be virtually impossible for me to give these up. I did alot of in home trials of speakers and NONE compared to these.

A definite thumbs up from me!

Check out Madisound. They carry the full kit. I am happy with their kit, and more importantly their service!

Good luck!
Gav

Re: My impression of the Thor speakers

Repute said:
I built a set of Thor speakers using the Madisound speaker cabinets.

They are probably the best sounding speakers I have heard.

Inicially the speakers sounded a little constipated, but after a couple weeks the speakers loosened up (broke in) and just blew me away.

I often times find myself thinking "Wow, these sound damn good... Amazing...".

The bass is clean and extreamly tight. The room is a huge factor for the bass. I had to do a bit of speaker placement tweaking to obtain the desired results.

It would be virtually impossible for me to give these up. I did alot of in home trials of speakers and NONE compared to these.

A definite thumbs up from me!

Check out Madisound. They carry the full kit. I am happy with their kit, and more importantly their service!

Good luck!
Gav

Couldn't agree more.

How far away from your back- and sidewalls have you placed the speakers?

How much damp-material do have inside the speakers?

What kind of system are you running the Thor with?

- Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.