This is the DHR.... Dx High Resolution Turbo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Because of long list of amplifiers, my "vision" to

amplifier creation (force them to work) are turning better and better.... you see that i do not use to forget things.

See the vision

ahahahahah!

Carlos

Attachments

• imagem 020.jpg
    imagem 020.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 1,837
Thank you Alex mm...i like it.... to suggest something

I would ask you to reduce the size of letters.... your name and my name...pcb made by Alex and schematic by Dx...using the same small letters used into the whole board...small letters are a little bit more elegant.

Also 70 and GND indications...everything same size.... the board is nice.... i have to spend some time studying it, but i cannot see anything bad...the opposite... a very good job.

Congratulations and thanks.

Black and white layout and some artistic view may be good too....but we can survive without 2D or 3D artistic view...but black and white layout and board dimensions will be needed... in milimeters please my dear Alex mm

Send me your picture please, i would be happy to know the face of kind cooperators.

I think Todd Johnson has asked first to produce the "official" board, but i really think your contribution is important and will be one more option to us... also if Todd give up because of low time to spend in such things, we gonna have your board as an excelent starting point.

In the future i will make mine too, but i am a beginner into pcboard and i prefere to accept contributions, for sure other guys can do that better than i can do.

My software is automatic, autorouting..you create schematic and the software goes creating the board...not perfect, use a lot of links...and i hate links...i know they are needed...but i dislike...seems amateur work...well.... seems normal, we are all amateurs.

Also Nico may have interest to produce boards too, and he is the main cooperator, old and traditional member of the Dx crew.

panzertoo@yahoo.com

regards,

Carlos

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
No no no.

My PCB layout will be for my Bryston 4B chassis retrofit. It will be made available, but will be only of use to anyone with an old Bryston 4B chassis kicking around. I have 3 of them here begging for new guts.

The 4B chassis layout requires some goofy PCB "features" because of the odd-shaped heatsink.

Alex MM's layout is much more useful to everyone else.

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Re: Good advertising.... DHR, the new amplifier...now with

destroyer X said:

Johnson condensers.

Good!

regards,

Carlos

I was already satisfied with having "Johnson Noise": Something annoying that people try to avoid. Suits me nicely. :angel:

My father was a TV repairman in the 60's. He used to call them condensers too. Maybe you're just really old Carlos. :devilr: Ask the neighbourhood kids what they now call them. The 2-farad "digital" car caps. :rolleyes:

..Todd

Carlos,
Tnanks for sharing your design.

I haven't finished building yr DX HR ii and precision I
and now I am thinking about your DHR

You surely are one of the best contributor on diy forum

Alex,
your pcb looks very nice,

If I may make some suggestion,

can you add more copper's area and several smoothing capatitors for the o/p tr?

Can you post the pdf file for the copper side (only) and top side in black and white?

many thanks and best rgds,

I am a 5.7 Litters engine.... a 57 years old man dear Johnson....

I am glad to know your daddy has repaired electronics.

Johnson noise is enougth to you...heheheheh.

regards,

Carlos

........................................................................................

Thank you Dexter.

Also thanks by the preference... Dx amplifiers are really different... first they are forced to work as i am not a designer, but for sure i know how to force things to operate.... made listening, and this is a very important difference...i have learned that with someone very good in audio electronics...... also amplifier is built into the real world...i am not someone that produces into simulator and then start to produce noises alike parrot about something that do not exists...just into the virtual world.... i think this is good.... less surprises when building.

Also i do talk what i have perceive..alike "extraordinary mid range reproduction" and " alike a thunderstorm bass" for example...this has more meaning than 0.03 of distortion.

Post picture of your construction... this is interesting....to my mail, please, send pictures of yourself, dog, cat, bicicle, automobile, family, home, neighborhood, ants, trees, sand, dust, wood, bricks, fences, plants, fruits,food, chairs, family, town, bridges, ceiling, doors, tables, furnitures, tools ad all stuff..because i love to see those things..all them very different.... i am in South America... a different world.

regards,

Carlos

Nordic already have helped a lot, and now a days he is playing guitars

It is time to recicle...and your work is needed Alex mm... a nice contribution to this forum and to the Dx Corporation (exists only in my dreams).

So.... you have room to enter.... an official invitation to help.... post your job here please.

Taj already give up to hold the charge, the job... his board will be special to his own need...not an "universal" board that will fit many needs.

So...you have room to enter... take your seat and be welcome to the crew.

But it is good to say, in advance, boards will need to be tested..the ones that publish boards will be invited to build their boards to be sure they will work fine and to debug into the real world.... so.... there's a little bit more work than board production, we have the responsability to offer something safe to our forum friends..something with the guarantee that will work.

regards,

Carlos

dear all,

just for fun....

Today i had tried to make Class A amp. using Aleph-3, 30watts. at first i just tried with one pair of IRFP240. heat sink heat was only 44c round . when i added another two more pair mosfet. wow, heat was nearly 60c. sound quality was great, clean too. instruments sound was very nice and sweet. i was listing quite long time. anyway i know its need very big heat sink.

i want to know, which sound is btr, mosfet or valve class A amp?

thank you

Only you can answer that Space... all i know is about Dx amplifiers

You should build those class A.... with electronic tubes and Mosfets... and answer to yourself.

This discussion is a "never ending story"... and i hope you do not need to start that here.

Post is as a new thread....will be a very good idea... and you will have a lot of answers.

regards,

Carlos

space2000 said:
dear all,

just for fun....

Today i had tried to make Class A amp. using Aleph-3, 30watts. at first i just tried with one pair of IRFP240. heat sink heat was only 44c round . when i added another two more pair mosfet. wow, heat was nearly 60c. sound quality was great, clean too. instruments sound was very nice and sweet. i was listing quite long time. anyway i know its need very big heat sink.

i want to know, which sound is btr, mosfet or valve class A amp?

thank you

dear DX and all,

sorry for wrong place .

i had posted wrongly into your forum. sorry for that

anyway, thanks for comments.

New revised PCB

Hi to all ,
I'am glad to bee in Dx Corporation , I have allready my room , my place where I can start to work :D Thanks to all of you for the nice words adressed to me . And now the facts , I find an erorr in my PCB , I fixed and the revised PCB its here http://i29.tinypic.com/alnjtc.jpg and photo view http://i25.tinypic.com/mc50df.jpg and bottom side http://i28.tinypic.com/4lpzz5.jpg , size for PCB is 151 X 66 mm .I will post soon its possible PCB in pdf format . ;) Regards alex mm

Sorry for my bad english :(

Your english is better than mine, or at least so bad as mine

So, alike i could see into my travels to Japan... when we talk not very good english, with another one that also do not talk a good english..the result is an excelent conversation...as they gonna use simple words to communicate.

Put the sign Dx on your laboratory, as you are one important crew member because cooperating as PCBoard designer.

Errors are normal... because of that i use to ask people that offer board to BUILD, this way, all errors may appear.

Of course you do not HAVE TO build, but for sure will have my blessing and confidence if go ahead doing the complete work (needed work).

regards and thanks a lot.

Carlos

Carlos,

I''m wondering

Should the Diode 1-4 mounted on the same heatsink with the o/p
for thermal compensation?

How bout Q6, free air mount or on the heatsink with output tr?

Can we use VR instead of fixed resistor (R20 A- B) for setting the bias?

Alex,

great job,

I'm wondering
can you add more capacitor fpr the o/p tr?
can you change C14 (2.2uf) for a bigger size film type capacitor ?

many thanks and best rgds,

Yes Dexter, you can make the modifications you feel as needed.

Of course you can use a "whale" condenser into the input if you intend to use those things...it is a matter of taste and belief and you are free to make your own choices.

The suggested schematic is that one... modifications under your own risk and responsability.

The schematic posted is not final and not ready.... the adjustments are trimpots... to the off set and bias.... one of those fixed resistances will be a hundred ohms trimpot adjusted to 30 ohms into the bias network and into 47 (or around) into the off set control..... will be modified....under correction into Todd Johnson house...read the thread and you will see that... more time to read is needed dear Dexter...maybe you are busy and have not time to read...the thread is small.... take some time to read it please.

The diodes were selected because have more junctions to sense heat..they go to the heatsink, fixed into the way you decide to...maybe producing holes to the diodes, or gluing them or something alike..also can be soldered into small board, soldered into the copper side and bent to touch the heatsink and two wires (short in length) will travel into the board.

Increasing of condenser values, to the rails are welcome...but be carefull not to make an ugly board with condenser enormous...looking bad when they are in excess of size to the board...lateral excess....condensers with some part of them out from the board.... condenser diameter bigger than the diameter offered into the board.

regards,

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.