This is a new cornerhorn design!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
These speakers are beautiful.
I cant even begin to ask where you start to come up with a folding scheme like that.
I guess you start with one fold and keep going untill your brain is in a knot!
Grats on the elegant solution, keep listening.

Well It was a little simpler, there where only the knots that where there before, Ha ha. Actually I started with a strait horn that was tuned to what I needed and
then I used the dimentions and solved it on paper( I 'm a good draftman, since my Mercedes apprenteship days in the early 60's ). where there is a will there is a way, right!

thanks Etocynned

Dear Bushhorns,

I' m glad that there are more people that love horns and are also crazy enough to build complex cabinets like the wonderful Autographs (yours seems more like Westminster to me) but I always recommend that, if one is going to pass through all the troubles to build a complex horn, then make it big enough...I have made the full-size Autograph (which I don't change for the gold of Peru) and a 2/3 down-sized replica for the AN super10 (which I had to mod to get better bass). Front and back loaded horns complement well the natural Frequency Response of the full-range drivers, reinforcing the midrange and bass, respectivelly, to get an even FR. The "point source" classic cabinets got the sound radiation just right. ;)

The problem with full-range speakers is that they sound so marvelously natural than one gets used to and/or forgives its drawbacks. There is nothing like a "too big bass horn", hehe. :D

Keep on the good work.
M.

This is a new Cornerhorn Design

A closer look in the throat area at 12 sq.in. here the the 4 channels are visible!

014.JPG

So the whole cabinet is divided into 4 equal channels, to ensure that the Acustic-wave is equal at the port and even!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.