This box doesn't make sense...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
To change the 'doesn't make sense' to 'makes sense in post#1':
Here is a few easy calculations (cut and paste pictures') to ponder on, added here in order to clarifying the usefulness of the driver.. or not, if you disagree...

b :)

Attachments

• Polk_12_calc.jpg
    Polk_12_calc.jpg
    947.6 KB · Views: 84
  • Polk-12_HR-plots_.jpg
    Polk-12_HR-plots_.jpg
    772.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Polk_12_isobaric_Damped-Port_Damped-Box.JPG
    Polk_12_isobaric_Damped-Port_Damped-Box.JPG
    605.1 KB · Views: 77
Hi,
To change the 'doesn't make sense' to 'makes sense in post#1':
Here is a few easy calculations (cut and paste pictures') to ponder on, added here in order to clarifying the usefulness of the driver.. or not, if you disagree...

b :)

Thanks for taking the time to put all of that together, I appreciate it.

WinISD is fully capable of graphing cone excursion. I suggest you look around the menus on the charts. It is there.

I didn't see it in a cursory look through WinISD Pro alpha the other day; I've never done a simulation with it (just looked around a bit) so I'm not that familiar with it.

I did manage to find the cone excursion graph in it when I went back and looked more closely last night, though. Annoyingly, WinISD Pro does not work well on this machine; it crashes out with a memory access violation whenever I try to exit it. Not sure if it's the machine or the program, WinISD beta hasn't exactly been bug-free for as long as I've been playing with it (years...) either, so...

I did go back and recheck *every* menu in WinISD beta as well: WinISD Beta tour - YouTube I don't see that capability anywhere.

I'll have to familiarize myself with WinISD Pro.

Thanks for taking the time to put all of that together, I appreciate it.

I didn't see it in a cursory look through WinISD Pro alpha the other day; I've never done a simulation with it (just looked around a bit) so I'm not that familiar with it.

I did manage to find the cone excursion graph in it when I went back and looked more closely last night, though. Annoyingly, WinISD Pro does not work well on this machine; it crashes out with a memory access violation whenever I try to exit it. Not sure if it's the machine or the program, WinISD beta hasn't exactly been bug-free for as long as I've been playing with it (years...) either, so...

I did go back and recheck *every* menu in WinISD beta as well: WinISD Beta tour - YouTube I don't see that capability anywhere.

I'll have to familiarize myself with WinISD Pro.

Its a Windows 7 thing. Works fine on XP, but I've since upgraded.
You can use task manager to shut it down. A little inconvenient, I know, but IMHO its a decent enough program to give it 2 seconds of your time to close it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.