Things to see in San Francisco?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Second picture from SF

Attachments

• sfspeaker2.jpg
    sfspeaker2.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 96
My wife, son and I just came back from SF a month or two ago, it was really nice, stayed at the Mosser (by union square. awesome place, super nice, valet, great rates (i think we paid 140/night or something) but small rooms and we had to share a bathroom that was in the hall?? weird)

i didnt get to see the exploratorium, but did all the other touristy things.
had my wallet jacked on the bus ride to the alcatraz tour (really cool place, creepy) so we had no money for gifts and stuff, but i had exactly enough cash inmy front pocket to take the bus back to the hotel, where there was more money.
that kind of made SF a little less great (seems like it happens alot) and coming from canada we leave our patio door open and house unlocked when we go out grocery shopping or whatever.
im loosing faith in people.

but thats great that you had a wonderful holiday!

why did you pick SF, instead of anywhere else in the world?

regards,
chris

Hi Chris

I'm sorry to hear that you got robbed.

We went to Barcelona last summer and it seems that SF was far more "safe". We felt safe everywhere in SF.

(OK, there always the odd chance that someone figured out to abuse my credit-card...).

We chose SF because we wanted to see US (never been there), and SF seemed to be a good starting point. Like many Europeans I had a lot "ideas" as to how Americans behaved. I must admit that my prejudice was totally misplaced. As I said in another post people in SF seemed extremely friendly, open-minded, helpful and nice.

SF is apparently somewhat atypical and not like most US cities? - or so we where told by many.

Regards TroelsM

Chris, you live in Burnaby and you leave your house unlocked? I hope you have good insurance :confused:

We've got as much property theft as anywhere else I figure. A couple of my friends get ripped off every year and I had my car stolen from queen's park in new west this year. Not much in the way of pick-pockets or muggers here but lots of car theft and house break-ins.

I used to live in the bay area. It's a beautiful city and no I wouldn't say it's "typical" of other American cities, although my boss (a computer programmer) did drive around with a gun in his car so maybe it just looks different :D

yeah, it seems like there is more heavy crime here than most.

I used to live in Montreal which is the best city in canada IMO, ( was going to go to McGill...I think I made a mistake going to BCIT) but also it is kind of how san fran is....different than the rest of the cities in the country.
yeah, i live in an apartment and have gated underground parking, so that is a little bit reassuring. I dont have much in my house to steal anyways...just stereo stuff and test equipment.
haha

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.