Thermistor rating

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So cool lots of arguments, and people thinking they are better than others, but once again no actual info on calculating the correct use of thermistors in my curcuit. Now the soft start i have came out of a 650va power supply its a 240v relay and resistor. I see absolutely problem in swapping out the resistor for a thermistor of the right value. I dont see the point in all the extra components and board and power supply to get a soft start. The thermistor should be rated high enoght to limit the current but then drops in resistance so much so that the bypass relay engages when it reaches its minimum engage voltage. So it clearly seems that for 500va running 20,000 there should be a simple answer, rather that lots of people giving thier 2 cents and then arguing over whos right.
WHO's got ACTUAL info that will help not only me but other new members too, isnt that part of the point of the forum.
Lets not get too old and too cocky about our sacred knowledge and just pass it on and spread it CORRECTLY, so that it cuts out all the c%ap, right ? If you dont know dont say anything if you do speak up and stop being on such a high pedestal (its a long way to fall)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.