"There and back" by Ken Fritz

Joined 2010
Paid Member
It's too bad he didn't utilize brilliant pebbles. He would surely have achieved nirvana then.

Dave.

Yeah... you'd think he would have gotten a few Tice Clocks instead.

1705542661683.png

I had the opportunity to get to know Ken many years ago when I lived in Richmond through the local Audio club. I am fortunate that I had the occasion to visit and hear earlier versions of his system. It was a massive system, even then - lol. The room was still in progress, but largely completed from a structure and finish perspective. If you knew Ken, then you knew nothing was ever really finished.

That was the fun for him. He was very passionate, knowledgeable, and took a lot of pride in what he built with his hands. He was a very skilled craftsman, and built much of that room himself. He built the speakers himself and many aspects of his TT were fabricated by him. Every aspect of that system, room, and equipment was by design. What he couldn’t build was custom built to his specifications - everything.

Reading through some of the comments about no room treatments, etc., the room WAS the treatment - lol. It was 100% designed and built from the ground up for that sole purpose. Every design and build element was built to purpose - down to the room dimensions, type of concrete, Sheetrock, and insulation used.

Anyway, he was truly a gentleman, a nice guy. Even to a young buck cocky 30 something single guy that I was back then. (No kids, no responsibilities, decent job, but little to no clue - lol)

Ken was happy to share his knowledge if asked and happy to share the joy of his hobby with those of like minds.

I was sorry to hear of his passing and consider myself lucky for having had the opportunity to know him.

Reactions: 3 users