• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The Wire LPUHP 16W Power Amp parts GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
yeah i hope other people didnt think i was just all of a sudden saying 'well.. I tried, but...well.... everyone for themselves!!' haha. i was very specifically talking about the transformers for those not getting the sumR unit, because it would complicate and inflate the cost of shipping the parts around the globe, it is easier and cheaper for you guys who want the BOM transformer to get together and make that order, or just sort yourselves out as there isnt all that many left to get much of a discount anyway.

i guess i'll have to send out another email, i would like to do the order for all of the passives worldwide before the end of the week. so i'll post up a total tonight or tomorrow.

so on that note Ed, still down for 2 channels of passives yes?

hi guys, wanted to have more useful info next time i posted in here. i heard back from Richard (sumR) and hes still waiting for the cores for the prototype, but expects them this week. i dont want it to delay everyone, so regardless i'll post up a the pasives pricing tomorrow afternoon. just wanted to make sure ti let you know i havent disappeared on this. do remember i'm not getting actives for everyone, like i said, i've been surprised that there hasnt been any talk about it. in fact the thread really is worryingly quiet.

anyway will be back in the next day with the passives costings

cheers

Jeremy

Thanks qusp. Until we know a firm time frame for the transformers there is little point proceeding too quickly with procurement of other components if they're all to be posted in one package. Perhaps the group is simply a collection the most patient of all group buyers on diyA?

Wondering . . . when will it crash? Our high interest rates relative to the rest of the world are not exactly helping our export driven economy. Sorry for the financial interlude.

:cool:

Still interested here as well :)

Regarding the transformers, I just found out I am going to be out of town for work until the end of March, so if the expected delivery date is going to be sometime in that time frame we may want to pick someone else to take delivery and handle distribution.

ok guys, time to get moving on this I heard some good news from Richard at sumR, the cores have all been ordered and will be with him early this week, he'll build up the prototype for evaluation when they do. my cost is $49usd each, or $45 if we get 25. we were a bit shy on the 25 but I guess we'll see if he'll meet us part way. Ed i'll probably take you up on that offer when the time comes i'll let you know. there'll probably be some fees depending on how we work payment. so i'll work out what the passives will cost with shipping tomorrow and send out payment requests for both in the next few days so i can make the order before the week is out. I'll send them out early to account for stragglers or people who dont log in often.

so watch this space

yes ive been waiting for transformers, its been getting to me a bit too. Richard has a prototype built up and has all the parts for the order, just finished the proto today i believe going by his email yesterday. hes being overly cautious but i guess thats why we like him so much as a supplier. In the name of caution he would like the prototype to be checked (i presume for fit as we have reasonable leeway in the case it has slightly hot Vout) before pushing forward with the full production run.

i said this would add expense and delay that we dont really need if it has to be sent to australia, but that perhaps i can arrange someone more local to do this? i mean provided the can itself has reasonable manufacturing tolerances, i'm happy enough based on past experience with sumR, to just get him to push on with the order pending approval of pictures and measurements of the prototype. I've asked for clarification on what exactly he would like checked just now, because there is no way it will be installed in a finished amp to check due to much of the parts sourcing waiting on THEM....

thoughts?

i've been pretty overrun here at work so my apologies for being MIA on the passives, but i havent been totally idle. I believe HYPERTUNE finally received his PCBs last week too (3-4 weeks shipping or more I believe), so he can move forward with the heatsink once the design is checked; this has also been putting the stops on the keratherm, as i need to know final heatsink setup, size and a final headcount before i send that order through. do bear in mind that there is quite a bit of work in the keratherm and heatsink GB by HYPERTUNE to produce them and myself liaising on that and working out the TIM stuff to suit and cutting it out, when neither Mark, nor me will be using the sink ourselves.

Last edited:
yes ive been waiting for transformers, its been getting to me a bit too. Richard has a prototype built up and has all the parts for the order, just finished the proto today i believe going by his email yesterday. hes being overly cautious but i guess thats why we like him so much as a supplier. In the name of caution he would like the prototype to be checked (i presume for fit as we have reasonable leeway in the case it has slightly hot Vout) before pushing forward with the full production run.

i said this would add expense and delay that we dont really need if it has to be sent to australia, but that perhaps i can arrange someone more local to do this? i mean provided the can itself has reasonable manufacturing tolerances, i'm happy enough based on past experience with sumR, to just get him to push on with the order pending approval of pictures and measurements of the prototype. I've asked for clarification on what exactly he would like checked just now, because there is no way it will be installed in a finished amp to check due to much of the parts sourcing waiting on THEM....

thoughts?

What're the chances of getting a prototype sent to opc? Would he be able to test in one of his known working amps? Granted then he has to remove the transformer he's using already which is certainly not a simple/nice task (frankly its probably a pig of a job now I think about it more), not sure if he would be too keen on the idea, I'm just putting the idea out there since they're all in Canada.

Last edited:
sure, I did think of that, actually since it has leadouts he may not even have to remove anything and he has all the gear needed to test it properly without even installing it. he could just test on one of the headamp PSUs with an appropriate load and fit could be tested against his amps without installing it. hell we have the PCBs fit sshouldnt really even need to be tested.

removing the PCB mount trannie is not en option IMO, quite likely to lead to PCB damage

Last edited:
crappy pic, but first sign of the tx proto, getting some better pics, but looking good!

Attachments

• proto TX.jpg
    proto TX.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 111

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Very cool!

If you need someone in NA to test them, then I could assist with that, but like hochopeper mentioned, I'm not sure what value I would add to the process. As long as the voltage is as expected, and the physical size is correct, then you should be good to go!

Cheers,
Owen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.