• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The Wire LPUHP 16W Power Amp parts GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Me too!

Custom CNC Alloy Heatsinks, kindly machined by Hypertune

qusp 4
hochopeper 2
opc 6
bcg27 2
1543 2
Neb001 4
enantra 2
jazzm 2
regal 2
wirewiggler 2
wolfsin 2
_______
total 30

@qusp Thanks for the pm reminder. I'll skip on keratherm and other partz but genuine custom milled Australian heatsinks is a 'not to be missed' opportunity!!

qusp, is it easier for you to have lists in the thread and copy to first post when you get a time or are you happy to trawl through posts regularly and update the first post? Granted there isn't much to trawl through but if it kicks off suddenly (optimistic perhaps) or you get tied up for a period of time then it becomes a more challenging task.

Keratherm Red TIM (thermal interface material) group
expressions of interest

qusp
opc
HYPERTUNE
bcg27
hochopeper
Ed LaFontaine, who now wonders if "dual mono" is heresy...where's the smiley face?
randytsuch
enantra
neb001

guys, i'm running low on time to do this although its a pretty simple task it would be handy to have it complete tonight tomorrow so i can move on with further organization. i have received offers of help from hochopeper, bcg27 (for the TX order) and Ed, although it looks like digikey is going to be the way to go there. the below is mainly towards getting moving on the passives and/or actives. i'm not in a huge hurry either, but since the numbers are starting to firm up and time is ticking by, we may as well get moving on it.

can you guys group yourselves into current location (or location you will be in in about 3-4 weeks)

Australasia
qusp
hochopeper
HYPERTUNE

Asia
?

USA/Canada
opc
bcg27
Ed LaFontaine
Wolfsin

Europe
?

I have requests spread throughout the thread for this but to formalize it

Digikey GB (passives and/or actives)

qusp
hochopeper
HYPERTUNE
bcg27
?

the pricing info is further back in the thread, but will change somewhat now that many are getting the sumR trannie. so please mention with or without the BOM transformer. in fact its more of a rough idea because until i have actual numbers theres no way to tell the exact pricing.

Its looking like it might be easier or more worthwhile, for the passives to be bought for the group as a whole as there is good money to be saved; the actives on the other hand have a pricebreak that would be covered by the regional groups and then not another pricebreak till 250 and not that large.

so it might be better for the actives to be ordered by location and the passives as a group, this will keep shipping cheap and keep Chris and I's workload down. This will also avoid import duty on the parts which arent even staying here, which starts at $1000AUD here and then we might then have tax going into the EU and going into the US on top of that, the passives will make it under the 1000 most likely, i'll have to double check.

thoughts?

Last edited:
As discussed in email, agree that global gb of active components is not feasible if shipping over the Pacific ocean in volume is the first step.

Had a question about the transformer molex connectors, what model molex connector were we going to put on them? I'd like to use the same throughout rest of my builds I'm doing at the moment is only reason I'm asking now ...

IzThis the grouping you wanted?

Since opc wants six heatsinks, if you could ship his directly it would help. My pair could go to opc (if he is willing) assuming there is no duty involved. Since bcg27 and Ed La? are practically neighbors the US stuff could then go there.

I know opc will be shipping to pinnocchio anyway so my heatsinks could end up in Montreal for a while! I am in no rush whatever.

Could we be a bit more specific than components? qusp has gone to effort of breaking it down into separate modules, please specify which you're interested in. ie heatsink/keratherm/tx/passive/active or some subset of these.

qusp has also made it clear that this is not a kit service but a modular gb only buying where there is value to be had in pooling funds for bulk discounts. The goal here is to keep the work for any one individual to a minimum.

Since opc wants six heatsinks, if you could ship his directly it would help. My pair could go to opc (if he is willing) assuming there is no duty involved. Since bcg27 and Ed La? are practically neighbors the US stuff could then go there.

I know opc will be shipping to pinnocchio anyway so my heatsinks could end up in Montreal for a while! I am in no rush whatever.
not going to bother talking about shipping finished sinks yet, still dont know the shape, size, delivery time etc. I think there are other swapsies going on between HYPERTUNE and opc, so i hadnt even considered getting his sent up here

can you guys group yourselves into current location (or location you will be in in about 3-4 weeks)

Australasia
qusp
hochopeper
HYPERTUNE
jacobthellamer

Asia
?

USA/Canada
opc
bcg27
Ed LaFontaine
Wolfsin

Europe
maravedis

I have requests spread throughout the thread for this but to formalize it

Digikey GB (passives and/or actives)

qusp 2 pas + 2 act
hochopeper 2 pas + 2 act
HYPERTUNE 2 pas + 2 act
bcg27 2 pas + 2 act
jacobthellamer 2 pas + 2 act
maravedis 4 pas + 4 act

maravedis: so you didnt want Keratherm TIM or heatsinks?

@Wolfsin not quite mate, i wanted everyone to put themselves on the lists above in the region they are in, or will be in 3-4 weeks to make it easier for organizing shipping and buying, primarily for the actives as they are the major cost and just a few added together will push over the 1000 import duty here, let alone the generally much smaller import duties elsewhere. For instance i figure maravedis will go over mother England's import duty all by himself

Last edited:
Wolfsin izConfuzed

@Wolfsin not quite mate, i wanted everyone to put themselves on the lists above in the region they are in, or will be in 3-4 weeks to make it easier for organizing shipping and buying, primarily for the actives as they are the major cost and just a few added together will push over the 1000 import duty here, let alone the generally much smaller import duties elsewhere. For instance i figure maravedis will go over mother England's import duty all by himself

ALL i want iz the heatsinks

Wolfsin, maaaaate, you're just thinking too far ahead of the game ... the wheels are in motion for heatsinks, qusp is currently concerned about other parallel activities. That and making up some logical geographical distribution centres to improve the efficiency of the whole lot.

In project management terms the logistics of shipping the heatsinks isn't on the critical path and has a few other activities to be completed before that can be finalised.

Now Wolfsin izMore confused

Wolfsin was listed in US group already, has no plans within next year let alone next two to three weeks to even think about building one of these pcbs, buying actives, nor anything except heatsinks. I've admitted to being of full retardation age but you can add clueless to that. :confused: Nobody would ship me parts just so I could forward EVERY item. If some number of folks wanted transformers from Boulder I might be able to cut shipping costs slightly or even negotiate a better price based on quantity but only Ed showed any interest so it will be cheaper for him to buy direct and as for shipping transformers across the Pacific . . .

I fear I may have adversely impacted the SNR of the thread.

Agreed that its unlikely the rest of the organisation will impact you.

It is just that we aren't up to a point where we can finalise the part of the organising efforts that will be determining distribution method of heatsinks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.