• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The Wire LPUHP 16W Power Amp parts GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I made a mistake on that post. its split down the middle 8 and 8, not 10 and 6, I was forgetting there is 4 to neb001 was just counting 3 people.

agreed insurance isnt really optional. its down to the individual when it comes to the individual shipments, but as a group, for 2 dollars each we'd be silly not to

For the US we could divide the shipping evenly to my location, and I could bill the individual shipping to each participant on the final leg. With the usps flat rate it is pretty reasonable I don't mind paying for it and getting reimbursed. As far as insurance I can go either way what ever the consensus is.

Bill

Last edited:
ok well in order to get this keratherm GB off the ground i have to make a minimum order and cut with a straight edge, as the only precut dies are for common devices sizes, or you have to get them to make up a die for die cutting and the numbers on that are far higher than we are going to achieve or need.

With the current interest I need to get 24 each off you for each 2 channels to cover tops of the devices as well as the PCB down the outside of each row and the regs, this will be cut into 4 x ~60mm long strips per channel (give or take 10mm for no additional cost), final exact size depends on the final sink and how it attaches plus 2 x to220 size per channel.

for this amount though i'll also throw in enough for a 10 x TO247 devices so anyone in the lateral fet GB will be covered for up to 4 channels, or you can use for shunt regs, some other amp, whatever its really handy stuff. those getting 4 amps will get a small discount, 22 per 2 channels I reckon and opc i'm covering you mate, as with you HYPERTUNE the group will make sure youre sorted (I think this is only fair), will email you later i gotta crash

this will also cover the event of needing a bit extra for the custom heatsink somewhere and if not needed i'll just increase the spare a bit.

Last edited:
thats what i figured mate, probably a couple others too. you are getting 4 channels, so hochopeper, i'm dead on my feet havent slept so i'll probably screw something up and have to be up in 4-5hrs, can you do the numbers while these guys are up; given what i sent out for the TX and 44 for 4 channels or 24 for 2 channels keratherm, plus share of shipping as arranged for TX and remember its what i have to have in my account plus fees and conversion for the transaction to sumR? USD for this not CAN so shouldnt be a conversion fee if it arrives in my account as USD, just payment fee.

sweet! skippy to the rescue!! maybe just do the numbers, youve got the email list and i'll double check when i get up in 5hrs just to be sure, but should be pretty straight forward, hopefully people are still up in 5-6hrs? and i'll just send through a yay or nay, i'll probably be getting the keratherm shipped separately as it wont fit in the flatrate box and its quite fragile, if i can work it out some way i will. ive told Richard that i'll have everything to him within 24hrs of a few hours ago, so we want to keep that promise or he'll rewire it so the primaries and secondaries are switched around

So those getting 2ch who aren't wirewriggler or neb001 are in for $US153

wirewriggler is first hop direct from SumR so reduced shipping $US143

neb001 has 4ch rather than 2, slightly reduced keratherm, a bit extra in shipping for 4 transformers so I calculated $US286

qusp can confirm this later. I have allowed for paypal fees.

looks good mate, maravedis is also getting 4. sorry i thought i had made this post, i got called out in a hurry and it was just sitting here.

as for separate keratherm shipping costs, probably yes, i'm trying to work it out so we dont still, but it might be difficult.

Any way you look at it though i dont think it can possibly go in the transformer shipment without damage, as its really quite soft and we'd be basically multiplying the possible wastage by the number of sheets. Shipping from them is pretty pricey so far, as they roll up and ship in a tube by fedex, thus the shipping still needs firming up to try and save. I guess they are more used to dealing with domestic companies with shipping accounts and fedex often charge a customs brokerage fee when none is actually needed.

I have asked for more options if available and sent them the online quotes below, otherwise if i can get him to use a standard tube size and send this to Bill, he may be able to just relabel it and send it on at lower cost than shipping direct

usps has

Priority Mail® International Legal Flat Rate Envelope** for B]$16.95[/B] for a 15" x 9 1/2" this will take about 1.5-2 weeks or just under. but it would have to be cut, not too many times though, so I might be able to get either one to do this for me, but its not my first option

as well as

Express Mail® International
Max. length 36", max. length plus girth 79"

for $38 (34.96 online)

ive sent off a quote to the Asian rep again too, to see if shipping is cheaper. he replied a while ago (a couple of weeks) asking what thickness we needed and at that time i just left it and dealt with the US rep as he'd been very helpful, but i've followed up this morning with the Asian one just in case. The above numbers are a good starting point, what do you think guys?

so the 2 possibilities for that are

A. just add ~8-9 each and be done with it, get it shipped directly to me by fedex and avoid all the legwork for me to work it out another way and repacking at that end. any left savings (and I will be angling for them) can be put towards packing materials for everyone's TIM as well as airmail shipping for those only getting keratherm. this means the transformers just just move ahead while this plays out

B. work out some way of saving a bit, but this will possibly mean extra wastage that outweighs or at least lessens the saving.

the EMS option for $38 (plus the domestic P&H) is probably the best option as can ship intact, will probably save 35-45 all up. if they can use this direct that would be ideal

those just getting the keratherm, if they are willing to just use standard airmail it can be sent as a letter for only $3.30 including the padded envelope and those getting other stuff the shipping wont be effected at all by the addition I wouldnt think

Last edited:
looks good mate, maravedis is also getting 4. sorry i thought i had made this post, i got called out in a hurry and it was just sitting here.

4 ch of keratherm, not 4 transformers though, since the separate shipping cost was a bit unknown to me at the time I really only calculated for those on the SumR part of the GB.

as for separate keratherm shipping costs, probably yes, i'm trying to work it out so we dont still, but it might be difficult. i'm also looking to get one of my friends whos a lawyer for a large international firm to send it with his company fedex account in a tube as documents. otherwise i wonder if it could be cut into A4 sheets and sent as documents hehe (the Asian Rep may be more open to this, but hes not been as responsive).

<snip>

so the 2 possibilities for that are
A. just add ~8-9 each and be done with it, get it shipped directly to me by fedex and avoid all the legwork for me to work it out another way and repacking at that end. any left savings (and I will be angling for them) can be put towards packing materials for everyone's TIM as well as airmail shipping for those only getting keratherm

B. work out some way of saving a bit, but this will possibly mean extra wastage that outweighs or at least lessens the saving. the EMS option for $38 (plus the domestic P&H) is probably the best option as can ship intact, will probably save 35-45 all up

those just getting the keratherm, if they are willing to just use standard airmail it can be sent as a letter for only $3.30 including the padded envelope and those getting other stuff the shipping wont be effected at all by the addition I wouldnt think

At this stage I am personally happy to just take option A unless they come back with a cheaper alternative like your suggestion above for 'Express Mail International'. There's been enough running around in the process so far.

Last edited:
hochopeper said:
4 ch of keratherm, not 4 transformers though, since the separate shipping cost was a bit unknown to me at the time I really only calculated for those on the SumR part of the GB.

aha youre right

cool glad we're on the same page, thats my preferred option as well, that way i can just pay Richard (who has actually just emailed me; getting a bit twitchy) and let the direct shipping options cards fall as they may without effecting the shipping times for the TX as they'll need a couple days head start anyway, hopefully hes open to using the EMS option. lets hope others are ok with this too because i've had about enough of the running around myself. pricing is based on everyone down for it following through.

did you generate a list Chris? i'll send out the PM, gotta get this taken care of, both so that i can pay the man and also so i can put the organisational hat to the side for a while

you can buy small amounts or precut to2XX device pads at one or 2 places online as well as the forum (maybe more if you keep searching), but they work out about the same or a touch worse cost for a smaller uncut piece than the area each kit contains once shipping is added (meaning each would have to do their own cutting and waste would be higher overall). The only place i know of doesnt ship to AU or the US, maybe Ed would like to take over and supply it completely at cost? i'd be completely happy with that, I actually have some I can use already and my only profit is more keratherm for my money, that I dont really need in the short term.

at least buying direct from the major distributors i've spoken to yes there is a MOQ to get bulk discount. maybe Ed objects to throwing in for opc's and hypertunes out of the remainder for their efforts? the only problem with giving it to someone else to deal with is ive contacted the distros a while ago then delayed, now contacted them again for other quotes, i wouldnt be too happy with me if i now bail at the last minute...... at least its their job though

there may well even be more extra given to people, but i'm only saying what i can guarantee will happen even if the heatsink format ends up requiring more than estimated due to another interface, or for whatever reason there is more wastage. but it wont make a difference to the price as the order I make will still be the same. I looked at the options available to people and made what I thought was a better offer for a custom service; given the options available to me. I dont know what more you expected? a large chunk of my 'spare time' for 2-3 weeks at least completely gratis? it should be obvious to people this is not a profitable business opportunity, or not?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.