"The Wire AMP" Class A/AB Power Amplifier based on the LME49830 with Lateral Mosfets

Hi,
woW! I have a passion for military equipment...i know well, I worked in the laboratories of Aeronautics and later I also designed some circuits. was a strong and beautiful experience working with brands really special. really very beautiful.:)
Perhaps you also have military experience? hehe! .. what is.. the camouflage tissue under connectors? :D

I'm happy if you use DPS-600/500, you can feel a real difference in the dynamics of sound. This is not easy to disclose in words, especially in a world of.. blah .. blah , all good..all nice..

Regards

woW indeed!! thats what i said when I opened the box, i knew what i was in for as ive seen the even larger multicore 1/0AWG connectors of theirs, but i wasnt quite prepared for the number i got.

no i dont work in the military, those who have met me will testify to how funny that might be. i just have an appreciation for high spec overkill engineered parts and often that means milspec. the cammo behind the connectors is one of my hoodies (Jacket) placed there for effect.

i do look forward to testing your PSU's with the amps, i have no doubt they'll work very well and looking at them the engineering will be suitably impressive next to this stuff. I guess opc is nearly finished testing by now? my finger is not loaded but paused over the buy button

And to think that you question the use of good Australian tax dollars spent in the military?

Look at the payback!

Super premium subsidized audiophile grade connectors!

If only we had such great forethought in Canada, wait a minute we do.

haha true that, the neutrik speakon 4 pole i initially bought for my amps/speakers are dwarfed by these and they even tick more audiophile boxes with a properly good dielectric, hard silver plated copper etc. i'll put both on the amp along with some ETI cablepods. they dont connect/disconnect anywhere near as easily though, you need some serious torque to lock them into place.

how i got these however, had nothing to do with the AU defense force, i got them through Erikdebest here on the forum due to him moving to Africa along with a heap of Texas Components foil signal and power resistors. more overkill milspec/industry parts.

so nobody else has any amps on the bench?

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Boscoe,

This has all been asked and answered a little earlier in the thread... you need to go back and look through it.

They are all the same parts, all diffused in the same place with the exact same specs. There are like 6 different brand names and part numbers all for the exact same thing.

Read back a little ways for all the details.

Regards,
Owen

Good reading

It's been informative [and enjoyable] reading through the many pages of this thread and I've found answers to many of my questions. As people's builds progress I'm sure many more will be answered.

Thought I had bad OCD but some of you guys put me to shame...

Audio Powers' switched supplies do look to be a very good choice and well priced, the DPS-400 @ +/- 36V should be enough for my requirments. Hoping one per board will do the job.

Only taken a few cursory glances for a suitable chassis, the p&p on the e-bay ones seem a little OTT.

Regards,

Paul.

BuildMeSomething: check out the siliconray chassis, they look pretty decent

siliconray
some dont really have enough heatsinking for their size, but not too bad and the price is right. pity there is no thermal rating for them. all panels are substantially thick alloy which is nice and are CNC, the first one would look to be suitable for your rail voltage/wattage. another larger one and the largest which looks quite nice as well i'm sure you could negotiate getting them blank, or with different holes for hardware. disregard the last zero in the pricing, they manufacture them afaik so we could perhaps organize group pricing as they are for the N-Core guys. the shipping isnt great, but for the size its not too bad and a group shipment might be able to be organized.

I have no affiliation, i just spotted them a couple weeks ago and they are forum sponsors

Attachments

• re3209-2.jpeg
    re3209-2.jpeg
    41 KB · Views: 749
  • re3209-4.jpeg
    re3209-4.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 728
  • re4015-1.jpeg
    re4015-1.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 726

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi back,

Yes, you can wire up more output devices by shorting the on-board gate resistors and soldering PTH resistors to the gate of each device.

I wouldn't exceed 6 dual-die devices (3 P-channel and 3 N-channel). You could get roughly 1000W out of a setup like that with the right rail voltages and load.

Regards,
Owen

Hi back,

Yes, you can wire up more output devices by shorting the on-board gate resistors and soldering PTH resistors to the gate of each device.

I wouldn't exceed 6 dual-die devices (3 P-channel and 3 N-channel). You could get roughly 1000W out of a setup like that with the right rail voltages and load.

Regards,
Owen

this is enough for me maybe no need more than two pairs.

thanks for the reply owen.

let`s see if we can find at least pcb`s

p.s. i guess 0.33uf and 1000uf at each device too.

Last edited: