"The Wire AMP" Class A/AB Power Amplifier based on the LME49830 with Lateral Mosfets

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Guys!

I still don't have shipping confirmation on the boards, but they should be out of fabrication by now. If I don't hear tomorrow that they've shipped, then I'll probably have to wait until Monday to get them.

I've already got all the parts I need here to build a pair of boards for testing. Once I'm done that, I'll start accepting payments and shipping boards and kits.

I've updated the list and added all those who used to be on the waiting list. I've attached it here, so please give it a check and make sure I've got your order right! We're now up to 140 boards and 93 kits. It doesn't look like I'll be running out of boards anytime soon, but I will be drawing the line on the kits when the number hits 96, so that only leaves three more kits.

Boscoe:

Rather than giving kits away, please just specify how many you actually want. I'll open up the remaining kits to those who join later. The GB isn't locked down yet, so you can change your order if you need to.

Cheers,
Owen

Attachments

• LME AMP MASTER LIST 10-27-2011.pdf
    27.5 KB · Views: 215

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
arthur:

Could you clarify? I have you on the list for 4 PCB's and 4 parts kits (excluding PCB's). Are you saying you want 5 additional boards and kits for a total of 9, or are you looking for 5 total?

Guys,

Please be very specific with your posts when you place or change orders. If you're placing an order, tell me exactly what you want to get, and if you're changing an existing order, tell me what it used to be, what you're changing, and what your new order is. It will very much simplify my life!

Regards,
Owen

Last edited:
has there been movement on the switcher?

also TX and sink GB, we should probably start thinking about it. should i or someone else closer to conrad talk to them about GB pricing on say 2 different sinks, the mf75-1f-151.5 and mf15-1f-151.5?

Hi qusp, I can't find any of the heatsink identifiers (i.e. mf75-1f-151.5 or mf15-1f-151.5) on this regular Conrad price list.

Which one would you suggest?

ahh sorry thats because i wrote it wrong. its mf30-1f-75 or mf30-2f-151.5

it depends on what output you are going for. i'm probably just going to build a nice slimline amp good for about 150wpc so the mf30-1f-75 is fine. thats 300mm long, 75mm high and has a single flange is 0,37c/w for 80c rise anm comes out at 28 bucks singly, so we'd be able to do better than that. the mf30-2f-151.5 is 300mm x 151mm and has 2 flanges, so would be good for an AV amp

the flanged sinks are a bit more than without and don't come quite as large, but i reckon the small one is perfect, would make for a nice neat amp. alternatively if we want to mount with the boards vertical we could go with one of the others like the mf30-100 for 0.32c/w and $36 each (again discounted in bulk) i reckon those 2 are the sweet spot, those are probably good for up to 200-250wpc (more for the double flange) i have the mf35-151.5 for my aleph jx, they are the ones on the f5x chassis

the mf30-100 or mf35-100 might be more popular for people going linear supplies because then at 100mm tall it would fit any of the NOS power supply caps that Steve has got for cheap over at Alex-jr, which are mostly about 75mm tall

Last edited:
we could also look at getting conrad to drill and tap if we did the non flanged and could agree on a format and size. probably Steve would do something with a bulk cap buy too and i'm sure he would love the business, i just bought a heap of stuff with a few other aussies and couldn't be happier. he does a lot for us here, so would be cool to give him some business. nothing in it for me, i just think we should support the businesses that are diy friendly.

Just in case any one else is interested, I just got a quote from a company in Sydney for a custom toroidal transformer with the following specs:

240v 50hz primary
2 x 42v 250va secondary (500va total)
2 x 55v 15va secondary

Price quoted was $165 + GST for 4, with possibly $15 off for quantities over 10.

Seems like a good option for anyone in AU who is planning to build a linear supply.

smps progress

I've just got few boards for the prototype of the power supply. this is a preliminary, test version, and based on the result i will proceed to build the commercial version. i also consider using an aluminium housing for the power supply, very similar with the so common brick power supply, moneywell clones or any unimaginable brand. they are easier to find, and not ridiculously expensive like a custom made case.

Waiting for feedback....

Attachments

• new smps.JPG
    new smps.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 658
  • smps case.jpg
    smps case.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 644