"The Wire AMP" Class A/AB Power Amplifier based on the LME49830 with Lateral Mosfets

Own is it not possible for you to edit the original post to contain the newer info? I saw yesterday in the site announcements section that it should be.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/site-announcements/204494-first-post-perpetual-edit.html

Edit, Sorry I now presume you already edited it but there was a problem with the attachments?

I do this kind of thing all the time on my car club vB forum where I can edit any post any time. I feel at a loss when I visit here and lack access the various admin tools.

Last edited:
So I've had my amps ~80% soldered up for a few months, getting some help from a guy to build my speakers (I just don't have the space for wood work here) so because I had no hurry to use them I got distracted by other things in life for a while. Pulled them back out and did a few quick tests before I was going to power them up.

One of the two amps was completely soldered and mounted on the heatsink with only the fets left to solder. The other had the SMD parts mounted but nothing else.

So in light of Back's question on the last page I paid special attention to making sure I'd got the LME49830 isolated. The one that wasn't mounted on the PCB was definitely open circuit, so I mounted it to the board along with the remaining PTH parts except the FETs.

Both of the boards with everything mounted read ~35-40kohm between LME power -ve and ground pins. Visually I can't see anything of concern except that I haven't cleaned off the flux yet. Should I be hunting for the problem before powering these up? Note that first power up of these will be via the DPS600 with a few series resistors per Roberto's instructions to limit current ... so I'm being fairly cautious.

Chris

LME49830 supply and BOM loaded in Mouser

Hello,

Anyone notice there is no stock of LME49830 in North America. Owen, did you buy them all up?
I loaded the BOM in Mouser and made it visible for other to order from.

When you are ready to access your project again you can do so by using either of the following 2 methods:

1. Save the link listed below and enter that link into your web browser at anytime.

http://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=d36806234b

2. Go to our Ez buy page and enter your project Access Number listed below where you see Enter Your Access ID.

Enter Access ID: d36806234b

Last edited:
Are the moderators here not able to alter the attachments to the up to date ones?

edit....I just had a play and it seems the same short-coming exists there, the 'edit post' appears to not facilitate the admin management of attachments.
...on this computer!! I just had another look at it on another PC and it did show the 'manage uploads' button.

So a mod with enough permissions should be able to remove the photo and insert a correct one. They may have to first save it to their PC and then upload it to the post.

Hello guys,

I hope you can help me with my decision...
What I'm going to do is to build a new amp for my midrange (2x TB W5) and tweeter (AMT25) based on "The Wire".
As I'm not sure if to take the LME49830-amp for the midrange and the LPUHP for the tweeter I'd like to ask around how to deal.

On the other hand:
I have a Hypex SMPS600 with +-65V left, which I could take for 4 LME-amps, but as recommended I should take a PS at about 10V higher for the LME's. Do you have an idea, how this one could look? Just a linear one? I don't know yet how to realize a regulated one with this high voltage.

I'm looking forward for your ideas.

Thanks,

Stammheim

the lme chips do not take a lot of current. You could build a regulated supply +/- 70-75vdc. 50 ma or so. I used lm317 regulators. As long as the voltage droped across the lm317 does not excede 45 volts. you are ok. If you have a small transformer 120-130VAC center tapped that would give you about +/- 85-90 volts DC, if you use a LM317 the regulator chip would need to drop about 10-15vdc. I put a 45volt zener across the LM317 to protect it on startup. There are some examples in the aplication notes.