• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

"The Wiener" TPA3118 amplifier card

As of last night, 18 boards mostly built. Waiting on the Digikey order now which has the 4 position DIP switch, trimpots and thermal pads.

2e53crv.jpg

You rock almost as much as Rock itself! :D

Any update on shipping of bare boards with loose uC?
Should have the loose uC's programmed tomorrow night. I thought I had a couple narrow SOIC ZIF sockets I could use for programming but can't find them, "holding against a blank board with a popsicle stick" is probably going to end up being the programming method.

Late night update: 18/19 cards programmed and fully tested. One of the cards, an 8 ohm one, won't work and it's too late for me to debug it.

Picking up mailing boxes and bubble mailers tomorrow.

Not yet - went by Staples last night to grab shipping boxes and they were out. I'm hitting up Grand and Toy tonight and they'll hopefully have the damn things, then packing them up on the weekend, and walking into the post office on Monday. I've got static bags and bubble wrap and everything else I need.

Probably not much you can measure on this card with an oscilloscope - now if someone has access to Audio Precision gear and appropriate class D measurement filters, we'd be talking :)

now if someone has access to Audio Precision gear and appropriate class D measurement filters, we'd be talking
Well i do not have A/P equipment but think i have the eq to measure some parameters, such as THD/N,IMD(SMPTE/CCIR), freq response, what else?. I have a differential probe for the scope if needed. I believe that one of my scopes does FFT too, will have to look at the manual. For a filter, i can build one (spec's) or is a 30KHz-24 dB/octave lpf sufficient?
BTW, where is that BOM for folks wanting blank pcb's?

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Not yet - went by Staples last night to grab shipping boxes and they were out. I'm hitting up Grand and Toy tonight and they'll hopefully have the damn things, then packing them up on the weekend, and walking into the post office on Monday. I've got static bags and bubble wrap and everything else I need.

Probably not much you can measure on this card with an oscilloscope - now if someone has access to Audio Precision gear and appropriate class D measurement filters, we'd be talking :)

Check out uline.ca

I should have mentioned it earlier.. Probably 3-4 days for you to get a shipment of boxes.. No issue for me, to wait longer:)

Staples #2 was out of 6x4x3 boxes. Didn't get to Grand and Toy before they closed, and they're closed on the weekend.. and the UPS Store's smallest box is 10x10x10. Yup, doing a uline order.

Got bubble envelopes though, about to start programming uC's and packing up bare boards.

Mailing out tomorrow morning:

- afoor's PCB's/uC's
- goo's amp
- matt_garman's amp
- andrewcorbett's amp, I need your mailing address :)

I'm using bubble mailers for single amps. People who have ordered more than 1 amp will have them sent in a box when I get hold of some of those - this will knock impuls60, reo, aterenn and shadowlight off the list.

I still need to grab nuts/bolts/washers/lockwashers for the mounting kits, when I get these I'll mail out Nickk, Hammett and CFT.

Sagami 4 ohm inductors arrived on Friday, and DHL tracking has the PCB's that can take them arriving on Tuesday.

Aforementioned 4 orders are mailed out.

Ended up stuck late at work and didn't get to grand and toy in time AGAIN. But I did get to Fastenal for mounting hardware... got #4 washers and lockwashers, they were out of M3 everything, as well as #4 nuts and #4 screws in any suitable length.

The world really wants me to not mail these things out...

And no DHL package with new PCB's. Still shows 'delivered by end of day' today on the package tracking but I'm not expecting a knock on the door at 9pm...

Going out tomorrow: pronk (6 ohm w/15uH, 1uF) vanofmonks, erik777 and gabbar (boards + uC's).
Correction to above: erik777 isn't getting his full amp just yet ;) forgot to update spreadsheet with his order change.