The "Volksamp" - NAD 3020

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Did anyone find out the specs for the mains transformer? The transformer packed up in my 3020, I undone a few windings on it though and there's an internal fuse on it which i bypassed and put a fuse holder on the chassis. Fully recapped the amp with panasonic caps and replaced the output 2n3055/2n2955 with MJ21194G and MJ21193G. It is sounding fantastic, I've tried other amps but this thing sounds amaxing. Anyway, the mains transformer always got a bit hot though and I'd like to upgrade it to a toroidal type. Any ideas for VA ratings?

Hi everybody,
First sorry for my frenglish as I do not speak english very well.
I've a question about my old (~30 years) NAD 3020A. Since some weeks I have issues, the volume go down to zero on both channel after some minutes (on every input).
This issue does not exist in LAB IN mode ? I do not understand very well the schematic? In fact I do not understand, reading the schematic, why the treeble ans bass have no effect in the LAB IN mode?
Could somebody explain me why in Lab IN, treeble/bass buttons have no effect ? Does somebody have an idea of my issue?
Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.