The unbeatable sound system, vastly superior quality of reproduction...guaranteed!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello people, here i am, very happy, as i was thinking that thread was comdemned not

to survive...what i nice surprise to see that turns a "meeting point" to us...i like that.

Thank you Mastertech...nive to have you here...reading and giving some support to my crazy ideas.

Oh!…you must be very good husband, and very lucky you are related your wife Amplifier Gurú….i think she has some extraordinary exception.

Yes Anatech…exactly what you understood, I also agree with the flashing lamps

Hello Eva…good to see you here, as you see, I am not using your pictures anymore

Awpagan, thanks for the presence, for the thread enrichment.

Interesting Idea Line up…some voting will be helpful.

PierreG, Petrobrás people are really very proud about their work, in special related to deep ocean works….they are very skilled, had received International training and they could develop their own technologies, adapting them to our technological possibilities and resources…they are well paid, the company is a brotherhood… some island of Fraternity in my country.

JH6YOU, you are very hot…I am attached your hot picture…very redish…very hot…hehe

Ahahahah….Igreen…I am creating a new English…my Englander is routating (turning) better..... and when people ring my bell, my apartment bell...i am answering as an invitation.
- Between...that means come in in Portuguese.

Regards all of you guys…..be happy!

Carlos

lineup said:
Should we design a 5 amplifiers or 6 amplifiers system?

2 + 2 mid-high
+ 1 subwoofer mono amp
or
3 + 3 low-mid-high

Before we decide active crossover freqencies, filter order(12/24 dB)
and filter type (Butterworth, Bessel, Linkwitz-Riley or Chebychev)
I think we should have a look at suitable tweeters and woofers.

Lets have a vote for what loudspeaker drivers our system should use!
From this we can go on to filters and amplifiers design.
:)

i don't know if we all could agree on such a variety of components?
all tastes are different.
what may be helpful to some is how to use the electronic crossovers to suit the equipment they have.

plus and minus of some setups eg filter type (Butterworth, Bessel, Linkwitz-Riley or Chebychev) also filter order(12/24/48 dB).

i have some marchant 48dB crossovers(just made from there pcb's) i use for testing crossover points on speakers "i seem to remake continously":rolleyes:

With the people here having so many amps sitting around spare
bi/triamping makes a big difference :D

also low power amps are very useful 15W for tweeters and go up for lower frequencies.

higher power class AB for woofers/subs.
(speaker distortion is far greater than the amp driving them)

destroyer X
hope this enrichs a bit more:D

any view on the direction you would like this thread to go.

allan

awpagan said:

i don't know if we all could agree on such a variety of components?
all tastes are different.
what may be helpful to some is how to use the electronic crossovers to suit the equipment they have.

plus and minus of some setups eg filter type (Butterworth, Bessel, Linkwitz-Riley or Chebychev) also filter order(12/24/48 dB).

i have some marchant 48dB crossovers(just made from there pcb's) i use for testing crossover points on speakers "i seem to remake continously":rolleyes:

With the people here having so many amps sitting around spare
bi/triamping makes a big difference :D

also low power amps are very useful 15W for tweeters and go up for lower frequencies.

higher power class AB for woofers/subs.
(speaker distortion is far greater than the amp driving them)

destroyer X
hope this enrichs a bit more:D

any view on the direction you would like this thread to go.

allan

May I suggest those who have plenty of 'diyaudio amps' at home:
======================

For subwoofer /low bass:
Some quasi N-Channel amplifier

For midrange:
AKSA 55/100 or MikeB explendid Symasym 5.3 Amp

For high tweeter:
amplifierguru Simple Killer Amp (special high freq version)

----------
Low cost at high quality alternative:
LM3875/LM3886 Chip Amp (gainclone) for all 5-6 amplifiers.
======================

Should be possible to tweak these amps for optimal operation within a limited audio frequency band.

No bad intention....everything that is hot normally has the red colour, just that

JH6...there's no other intention than paint red to everything that is hot!.

We have some time to remove those things..... time to editing...i lost that time limit.

To remove that image, will be enormous job, searching for moderators and asking them to remove.

But if you insist in that remotion.

Well, Sir, i will do it because you asked.

There's nothing wrong with the image...just redish, and the size is compatible with our forum.... was resised, i think, to 75 by 75 pixels, exactly because you could like, beeing adequatet to you to save it and use it, as the size is more exact to use as avatars.

The second, third, fourth and fifth intentions are inside your mind...i did not passed from the first intention, to paint red...what is hot!

Here is the same image, published by you, only resised to forum size, color ballance was reconstituted to it's normal and noise was removed...well, processed to be more beautifull that it was.

But if the problem is the copyrigth of image.... the ligth that reflected in your body...well...those things i am sorry, i cannot understand rights over something published to whole world observe.

I can remove, and not use them anymore, as Eva asked once...also i could not understand what was her problem, as the image was published, by her, and it is for everyone to copy in this forum...we can save, paint, copy, enlarge, reduce.... i cannot understand...i am sorry for that.

Let me know what you want.... a little bit confused..... now i am.

regards,

Carlos

Negative, you were very fast...thank you very much

Now, the problem do not exist anymore.

Audiofreak entered as a ligthning to produce a fast solution..peace brothers!

If was another moderator, i thank him also...very kind too.

I love you JH6...do not bother yourself...i am a little bit crazy...and i use to produce some excesses.

regards,

Carlos

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Ah . . . thank you very much, Carlos, for your really kind consideration. I was entirely . . . I am a small man, compared with you.

I will continue to read your fantastic writing.

Oh . . . I know Petrobras, too.
I might have a chance to visit and look at the drilling rigs of Petrobras. Please, do not send the picture to the black list of the airport immigration countrol. :D

Thanks again . . .

Regards
jh

lineup said:

May I suggest those who have plenty of 'diyaudio amps' at home:
======================

For subwoofer /low bass:
Some quasi N-Channel amplifier

For midrange:
AKSA 55/100 or MikeB explendid Symasym 5.3 Amp

For high tweeter:
amplifierguru Simple Killer Amp (special high freq version)

----------
Low cost at high quality alternative:
LM3875/LM3886 Chip Amp (gainclone) for all 5-6 amplifiers.
======================

Should be possible to tweak these amps for optimal operation within a limited audio frequency band.

Back on topic.
I have got it is about using an active crossover system, with use of several amplifiers
to get 'the unbeatable sound system'.

What do you think of my suggestion, destroyer X ?

Using AKSA for midrange and amplifierguru SKA for high.

lineup said:
Before we decide active crossover freqencies, filter order(12/24 dB)
and filter type (Butterworth, Bessel, Linkwitz-Riley or Chebychev)
I think we should have a look at suitable tweeters and woofers.

Suitable for what, for the filters you wanna make? :D
My beloved Epos ES11 speakers only have a series cap and a parallel resistor on the tweeter. Woofer is direct.
Challenge: try to find drive units that sound good this way. I've thrown out the towel already.
Bi-amp yes, active crossovers for me - no need. :cool:
I praise a short signal path, with just the necessary active and passive components - no more. Would I put a bunch of active stages after my pre? I don't think so.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Yes, I have heard about it and its simple network. And, I have tried it on a tube amp. I like your speaker.

By the way, mine has no network at all, except only two silver-plated copper-lines between the driver and the speaker terminals. I would like to say that the sound is already great. Nevertheless, if there is any possibility for me to reinforce the musical sound, I will not hesitate to try bi-amping for high top end or low bottom end or both with additional drivers. I do not need to be pessimistic on this.

Regards
jh

anatech -

Hi mastertech,
Yes .... I ...... have. Musical Fidelity had trouble keeping their amps in one piece.

Multi amp systems with no active crossovers (properly designed) will KILL normal systems. No question. They can apply full damping on each driver while the phase angles are controlled. The high end audio version is expensive well beyond what normal earthlings can afford.

A passive crossover is an "it works - sort of" solution compared to the active version.

So, I have no idea what you classify as wide band. I don't know why you are stuck on class A either, but whatever makes you happy. I've heard most of what was out there, on most speaker systems. Most of the amps I've worked on amplify in the low RF region. You know, 200~400 KHz. That sounds like wide band to me.

-Chris
-----------------------------------------------------------
I am stuck on Class-a because i have no idea what youre getting
at, what is it we talk about in this thread "ultimate sound" only
class-a can come up with numbers and to you is only numbers
you care about isnt it so?

"Musical Fidelity had trouble keeping their amps in one piece."
No idea what you say

"A passive crossover is an "it works - sort of" solution compared to the active version."

No idea what you mean!!! i see nothing of substance in your post
anyways so i might as well call it quits

cheers

jh6you said:
Nevertheless, if there is any possibility for me to reinforce the musical sound, I will not hesitate to try bi-amping for high top end or low bottom end or both with additional drivers. I do not need to be pessimistic on this.

I have made (and use) an active sub, so I use active filters. :D
But only on the sub.
Variable 24db, crosses very well with my speakers at ~50Hz.

Before jumping into building active systems it should be pointed out that it is exceedingly difficult to voice an active system and make it sound great and especially to image properly.
Keeping the level of each amp under control and choosing the proper slope filter is very, very difficult and the image is the first thing to go. Dynamics are there aplenty distortion is gone but the music is gone too.
The times I tried going active I was able to marvel at the quality of the single reproduced instrument but each instrument was playing it's own tune so in the end the experience was not very gratifying. It's like having an all star team that never practiced together.

To me people that like active systems are either audio geniuses (and in the case of Carlos that may well be ;)) or people that never heard a good imaging speaker.

On paper ther is no question that all the amp are performing better, with lower distortion no problems with clipping and so on so forth. Unfortunatley the volume control vs frequency vs. frequency response (as it relates to the cabinet and the environment) and amplifier input sensitivity are very difficult variables to control, maybe not so for you but way bejond my experties and instrumentation.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi mastertech,
The point of this thread is multiamping. It had nothing to do with the class or technology used.
"Musical Fidelity had trouble keeping their amps in one piece."
Let me make it easy for you to understand then. They ran very hot. They failed in various ways as a result. I saw many in the high state of deadness. ;)
Regarding passive vs active crossovers.
No idea what you mean!!! i see nothing of substance in your post
If you didn't have any idea about this thread, why did you bother to post on it? :confused: If you ask, someone will explain the concept of active crossovers to you. I'm sure there are books, and many professional sound people who could help you understand this concept. If you go to a concert utilizing amplified instruments, you will have witnessed these systems in action. Later, you may even get to work on one.

Most members posting here understand the concept just fine, and are not confused.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.