The speed of light is NOT constant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly! :D

The question is in the requisite knowledge
It turned that we have here less consensus than in questions of speed of life and sound quality vs measurements. :)

for about two hundred years that i know of, smart physicians and scientists have been saying stay away from refined sugars and starchy food, if you wish to be reasonably healthy. their evidence was empirically derived.

that's the requisite knowledge.;)

If you want to look at lifespan, compare the US life expectancy from two centuries ago, one century ago, and now. Life expectancy is greater than it ever was, and is growing at about one month per year, and that rate of growth is increasing.

I prefer to compare US life expectancy to life longevity in mountains of Georgia, villages of Bulgaria and Japan. When Georgia was part of Soviet Union people in mountains continued living without great impact of modern civilization; they preserved wisdom of ages, their traditions, as the result lived much longer, were more healthier than civilized surrounding, so if we want to learn how to live healthier and longer lives we better learn from them.

for about two hundred years that i know of, smart physicians and scientists have been saying stay away from refined sugars and starchy food, if you wish to be reasonably healthy. their evidence was empirically derived.

that's the requisite knowledge.;)

During that 200 years food processing industry did not stay on one place. We can be proud to add to this list many other products. :D

I would rather say, absence of vital ingredients in them was killing him.

The keyword is balance

the guy was getting fat, lethargic, and depressed because the refined sugars and starches were impeding his body from burning fat

they raise insulin levels and that impedes body from burning fat.

before agriculture was invented about 10,000 years ago we got energy mostly from burning fat either in diet or in deposits in our bodies

energy from sugars and starches was a small part of diet before agriculture

we like them because they are a super-normal stimulus - quick energy

agriculture has made them abundant and cheap.

once we know these things, we know what to do.

Just to put in a little into the debate . The farm I worked on was run for profit whilst being very small ( 27 acres UK ) . It could support 30 cattle and any amount of chickens . We had 6 acres as lettuce and other vegetables . Lettuce are the best crop I know of .

We used the organic waste product and found it helped us greatly . We could be less diligent as it maintained better soil condition and moisture .

I learned in latter life that the farmer had shares in British Zinc which his father left him . We could not fail . However this allowed him to farmer as a scientist . I only learned after years working with him that he was . He maintained the farm as a buffer to reality . At one stage his father owned all the land that is now the village built after the war . He sold the land cheaply in the Great Depression . British Zinc became Rio Tinto .

One thing I learned was that maintaining a supply of organic material needed external supplies . We could optimize it , we could not make it 100 % . Money is the factor if anything is the factor . Almost like feedback where the profits are less than expected . The big profit like simple amplifier design is how good from an unpromising business model ( one not taught ) .

I have no time for total Organic . I have no criticism of those who do it , quite the reverse . I wouldn't as it is not the best use of resources .

The production of fuel from food has shown how little spare capacity there is in the system . With the greatest respect for others I can never see Organic production feeding 2 billion people . I think it is said that 70 % of all sensible to use land is in production ( no idea what that means ) . That says organics can not work to feed the world . As far as I know the best Organic models are 50% yields ?

As for all the baloney about diet . Trans-fats , avoid . Don't burn saturated fats when cooking , eat them raw ( you need them ) . Keep stress low and drink Cocoa ( better than chocolate , eat high cocoa chocolate ) . Eat as many vegetables as possible . If organic cook them ( Ecoli ) . Eat fish , olives . Drink more than you should ( 50 % , the limits are daft , some is better than none ) . Be careful of Organic apples ( rusts ) . All carrots should be pealed ( easy ) .

If you can find a farm that farms as we did ( semi ) you will find the best . We added nutrients we felt the farm needed . When mad cow decease came we could not get fish blood and bone . That was a favourite soil conditioner that we used . Goose manure was worse than useless , no idea why . Perhaps just part of the thinking of the farmer more the the truth of it . A good farm also has weeds . If kept to moderate levels they do no harm . Alas to farm on a large scale like that is not possible . Spraying is the only simple answer . The Dutch promise hydroponic tomatoes as good as Organic within 2 years . I will keep an open mind , it should be possible if nutrients correct .

Last edited:
Begging your pardon, but I find that doesn't really make sense. Sugars and starches are precisely what our bodies get from eating fruits and vegetables. Quick energy, yes. It's what athletes call "carbo-loading" before the match. It's proper because body fats have to be converted back to sugars before they can be used, and that isn't near as efficient as carb-to-sugar conversion when muscles need energy.

My two cents on the pig... the pig is biologically/anatomically similar to human, not as close genetically.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
With some apes being so close DNA,

I'm not saying this should be done.

I wonder what would happen if the DNA was modified to add the "missing bit" what would happen...

Then again some countries are not restricted with DNA testing, I wonder if its been done..:confused:

Oh sorry that was us wasn't it..:D (Third party intervention UFO thread)

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Begging your pardon, but I find that doesn't really make sense. [energy from sugars and starches was a small part of diet before agriculture] Sugars and starches are precisely what our bodies get from eating fruits and vegetables. Quick energy, yes. It's what athletes call "carbo-loading" before the match. It's proper because body fats have to be converted back to sugars before they can be used, and that isn't near as efficient as carb-to-sugar conversion when muscles need energy.

My two cents on the pig... the pig is biologically/anatomically similar to human, not as close genetically.

the major part of non-agricultural folks' diet is meat or fish. if you don't farm, then eating meat/fish is only efficient way of getting sufficient calories and protein.

non-aggies don't have to concern themselves with over-eating sugars and starches

Begging your pardon, but I find that doesn't really make sense. Sugars and starches are precisely what our bodies get from eating fruits and vegetables. Quick energy, yes. It's what athletes call "carbo-loading" before the match. It's proper because body fats have to be converted back to sugars before they can be used, and that isn't near as efficient as carb-to-sugar conversion when muscles need energy.

Sugar and fat was very rare in the stone-age diet . We are still wired to love these things . Also when we got old a bit of stored fat might give us an extra year . The teeth giving out didn't help .

I didn't follow the whole discussion so forgive if this makes even less sense .

When I got married due to many pressures ( money , building work I was doing ) I was 67 Kg and 1M 88 tall . For many years after that I was 87 Kg . For the last 5 years I have between 99 and 107 Kg ( now 56 years of age ) . At Christmas I fell ill and my weight reduced to 90 Kg . Did I rejoice ? No , I made sure I put the weight back on . Now a proud 99 Kg ( 218 lbs , 15 1/2 ST , > 6 foot ) and very much happier and have more strength I feel . I needed that weight when I was ill . On one chart in the doctors it says I am marginally obese . My doctor on the contrary said I am just perfect . No one has ever said I am fat let alone obese . I eat whatever I like and plenty . Very varied , very often what is cheap that day and needs work to cook . I virtually never buy manufactured meals except sausages .

Pigs and humans share diseases alarmingly well . I often wondered if the Jewish health laws were taught by aliens . Well meaning intentions ,it became part of the religion . I asked the Jehovah's Witnesses why they eat pork ? They said because not Jews . So why get so fussy about blood . I also asked them if God in his ultimate wisdom couldn't have created evolution ? They returned many months later to say yes he could . I was asked did I think the science of evolution flawed ? I said yes as the links are hard to find . Maybe I changed their world a bit like those supposed aliens might have ?

An analogy . Teach a hi fi reviewer something and see where it goes . It wont be where you expect . A little knowledge ?

the guy was getting fat, lethargic, and depressed because the refined sugars and starches were impeding his body from burning fat

they raise insulin levels and that impedes body from burning fat.

before agriculture was invented about 10,000 years ago we got energy mostly from burning fat either in diet or in deposits in our bodies

we like them because they are a super-normal stimulus - quick energy

agriculture has made them abundant and cheap.

once we know these things, we know what to do.

Frank;
it is one third of truth. Another third is, our body constantly regenerates. We need building materials for cells, we need materials for hormones and so on, and when food does not supply them we are getting hungry and sick. We eat more, getting less, and excess energy is stored in fats. And finally processed food contains garbage that poisons our bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.