The speed of light is NOT constant

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. The laws of physics are the same in all inertial frames of reference.
2. The speed of light in vacuum, c, is constant and is the same in all inertial frames of reference, regardless of the state of motion of the source.
These are "God's Caprices" and the postulates on which was based Einstein to formulate the Special Theory of Relativity.

As was shown by Boltzmann, the entropy of an isolated system is always increasing.
The arrow of entropy has the same direction as the arrow of time.
So far, this saves us from the annoying "tourists from the future":D

I think the God point is very interesting . This is not about the religious concept of . I say the God is the reality of things which predetermines our lives . My holiday to Mars is difficult , read impossible as an example should I be stupid enough to want it . Whatever the determining force is I have no information to offer .

Someone said " one thing you can be certain of is if all scientists agree they are usually wrong " . A lot of what I read makes me think of Fred Hoyle , so confident and so wrong . I think it was " if all scientist agree you can be sure of one thing they are wrong " is the better version and the actual one .

I always think of turbulence . All we know is keep away from it , there is no understanding it . It is said that this universe is possibly a linear period of a chaotic system ( James Gleick ) . One that has past turbulence and has a brief period of tranquility . In the tranquil zone linear laws work . Could be ? Gleick supposes a Chaotic system is the natural state of affairs . There are unusual mathematical loops which appear from nowhere in Chaotic systems which create order . These loops I think are universal to chaotic systems ?

Last edited:
Perhaps the company you worked for had magnets before body scanners ? I do know the company was mostly selling magnets and for diverse reasons .
I make supercon magnets for particle accelerators, antimatter confinement, beam steering, energy storage. One of the techniques used is applicable to MRI's, but is rather expensive for that.

Disco was not about the music, Disco was about the dancing. This is important.

Very important. A heavy drumbeat in the 108 to 134 beats per minute was a requirement. Not good for kick back and listen, but good for clubbin. I still have 1700 pieces of 12 inch diameter vinyl in the basement, spanning 1978 to 2004.

jn

If you saw me dance, you would understand :D

I can get a Gold meddle for that . I told Colleen I can't dance . Yet again she found out that I tell the truth . She was truly amassed .

Toto , Chicago and many others I associate as slow dances at disco's . They are also wonderful music .

Maggie May and Hawkwind Silver Machine got played . 1970's Disco was great . Maybe I should go on the road with a " proper disco " . I then would have an excuse to buy a Mercedes Sprinter long wheelbase . If you haven't driven one you should . Best Merc I know of .

Status
Not open for further replies.