The speed of light is NOT constant

Status
Not open for further replies.
If matter and antimatter have the same probability of existence
then it means that either the antimatter is not observable , that is ,
that our part of the universe is localy matter dominant or that antimatter
presence is not correctly sighted , i.e , it is there but we assume wrong
theories as being right , so that bare us from a clear understanding.

Entanglement should bother everyone because it is so strange. Nobody would believe it were it not for all the awkward experiments which show that it really happens.

I will let it bother those grad students who understand the math. I will wait for their answer(s) with great curiosity. It does violate our basic sense of space-time. I would bet a pint when we ( as in the human race, not that I could contribute) figure it out, it will be simple and eloquent as that is how nature likes to work. One of those "doh" moments. I hope I live to see it.

We can observe antimatter in the accelerator detectors. Not a mystery. Please read DF's link.

We have also observed antihydrogen in a magnetic confinement bottle as well. Antiprotons and positrons are viewed singularly in the accelerators and in penning traps, but neutral antihydrogen is next for be tested. They'll be looking at electron transitions via spectroscopy.

jn

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
I'm a physicist. We have different ideas about what 'normal' is.

Indeed. Science is anything but 'normal'. There wouldn't be something called science if we took all things for granted - a perfectly normal thing to do in the animal world. Some of us deviate from the norm. Yes, Science is an anomaly in the Universe.

a·nom·a·ly (-nm-l)
n. pl. a·nom·a·lies
1. Deviation or departure from the normal or common order, form, or rule.

Why is the earth shown as big as the galaxy.:p I suspect a bit of inadvertent sloppiness. Like my spelling.

Nah, those guys always tend to naughty scaling features, I'm used to that.

But someone went out of the way to curve the light away from the gravity first, then used gravity to bend it towards...a total lack of internal consistency...shamefulll...;)

jn

Status
Not open for further replies.