The simplistic Salas low voltage shunt regulator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Q4 & Q5 are not clearly visible on the previous pic. I'll make some more if needed. And yes, it's earth bus.

Attachments

• IMG_1328.JPG
    IMG_1328.JPG
    731.5 KB · Views: 822
rechecked again :)
it's actually Q5 (with red).
BD140 is connected in accordance to the circuit above and pinout here.

I've already finished 4 working regs. This one is definitely has something wrong in the left part. Most likely some stupid mistake of mine. The layout was taken from Red Baron thread.

Attachments

• IMG_1328.jpg
    IMG_1328.jpg
    734 KB · Views: 760
  • regulatormodules001.jpg
    regulatormodules001.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 730
How do they measure

I have been searching to see where someone has measured the noise on the output line. I'm sure it is here but search engines do not reveal it and its a long thread to read start to finish.

Anyone know how many nV noise on output?

I see some comparisons of regulators expressed in Noise Density
nV/Sqrt(Hz) Normalized to 100KHz.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Only a DCB1 power section on an analyzer for 1/f up to 100Hz by a Spanish member. No personal lab analyzer gear available. Those are from a Mezmerize with 100uF Vref cap. Noise density I had shown only by sim unfortunately. #4221 & 4123

Attachments

• PSUNoise+.jpg
    PSUNoise+.jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 1,374
  • PSUNoise-.jpg
    PSUNoise-.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 1,319
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
For subjective evaluations everybody has a set of ears and and a gamut of likings and can select. Different applications load characteristics will play a big role also. What we must really thank you for is donating your learned time and specialized gear to enlighten us for the objective part. Those assets very few have and even fewer share. Don't use 0.1uF local rail decoupling on the load's side when applying the 1.1 BTW.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.